Sponsored

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
When you switched out the hood scoop, how hard was it? I can only see two bolts holding it down, maybe a third?

Did you try and open up the scoop, that is remove the plastic altogether?

OP
OP

TRD_Patty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
When you switched out the hood scoop, how hard was it? I can only see two bolts holding it down, maybe a third?

Did you try and open up the scoop, that is remove the plastic altogether?
There are 3 nuts you need to get to under the hood, you need to take the whole scoop off and then separate the two halves. The hood scoop that is sold is just the top half. Reinstall it on the lower plastic piece and re install.

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
Wheels and tires came a bit early and was able to make some time to put them on today.

Method 703 +35mm offset
Falken Wildpeak at4w 285/75/17

there is no rubbing at all at full lock with no lift, no trimming, and no removal of the safety plate.
IMG_0037.jpeg
IMG_0038.jpeg
IMG_0039.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg
IMG_0026.jpeg
IMG_0020.jpeg
IMG_0022.jpeg
Hey there! Quick question. Were you able to fit a spare tire of this wheel/tire setup under your bed?

OP
OP

TRD_Patty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Hey there! Quick question. Were you able to fit a spare tire of this wheel/tire setup under your bed?
I’ve not tried, but looking at it, doesn’t look like it will fit

Sponsored

OP
OP

TRD_Patty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Pro grill came in today, Monday it’s got an appointment at the body shop to get the pro front bumper painted. Then the fenders will go on.
Also ordered a heretic light bar for the grill

IMG_1403.jpeg

Last edited:

Odzter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
There are 3 nuts you need to get to under the hood, you need to take the whole scoop off and then separate the two halves. The hood scoop that is sold is just the top half. Reinstall it on the lower plastic piece and re install.
Did the hood scoop come painted?

Sponsored
OP
OP

TRD_Patty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Grill installed, not sure when the light at will arrive, but the front bumper is very easy to pull off by yourself. Whole thing took me about 45 minutes

IMG_1411.jpeg

SonoranSurvivalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' RAV4 Hybrid Limited, '24 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
This is awesome, I also want to replace my front bumper with the PRO/Trailhunter for the added approach angle, plus the wider fenders.

Toy-truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
@TRD_Patty Did you get the part, 52119-AK902, in yet? If so, can you post a picture of what it looks like? I can not find a good picture of what it looks like on any website.

OP
OP

TRD_Patty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
@TRD_Patty Did you get the part, 52119-AK902, in yet? If so, can you post a picture of what it looks like? I can not find a good picture of what it looks like on any website.
It looks exactly like the bumper that’s on the pro, but I’ll try to grab a pic here in a minute

OP
OP

TRD_Patty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Got the fenders and grill on, off to the body shop tomorrow for the TRD pro front bumper. Next to order some wheel spacers to bring them back to flush.

Trying to decide between a 1.5” spacer which will bring the wheels to a -3 offset. Or a 1.25” spacer that will make the wheels a +3 offset.

A 1.5 will make the part of the tire where the contact surface starts be flush with the fender. A 1.25 will sit obviously a 1/4” inside that.

IMG_1419.jpeg
Sponsored