Tripometer Reset

Maralrich

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Hello all, I am a bit embarrassed to be asking this question, but how do I view and reset the Tripometer?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Maralrich

Maralrich

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Thanks! I am able to access the options through the menu, but for some reason the trip mileage for A or B does not show up on my screen. Are you able to see the mileage for both?

Reactions: JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Thanks! I am able to access the options through the menu, but for some reason the trip mileage for A or B does not show up on my screen. Are you able to see the mileage for both?
Don’t be embarrassed I’ve yet to find the odometer trip meters. That’s my goal for today as well as the tire pressure Monitor. I did see it once briefly. I’m guessing there will be something on Utube re: 2023 Tundra instrumentation setup.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Reach in the loose doored glove box, grab the Owners Manual, proceed to the back of the book to the Index, look up what page number the topic you’re interested is on, flip to said page and learn about those pesky trip-o-meters

Sponsored

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
So this is the best info I found and it will answer many questions. It did for me.

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Additionally, if you go to the Toyota app menu on the display screen (monitor) and open the vehicle icon all your vehicle trip information is there and can be reset there as well!

Additional reference material:

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco OR Premium
Haha, Thanks! This is my favourite part about forums. Always one to impart wisdom with no facts.
TBH it's called an owners manual for a reason.. and your answer is in there. I think it's also in the quick reference guide too.

Sponsored

Hychet

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
OP - you are right to be confused.

StreeTaco, your glibness isn't helpful. Try being helpful - that makes people happy rather than feeling stupid!

There is indeed, no odometer or Trip A listed in the index of the owner's manual. What OP is asking isn't explained ANYWHERE. How to mark your odometer at a certain point (as an older Trip A with the long button near the speedometer is located) does not seem possible or is difficult to find out how to do.

Trip history and present trip show the info from when you turn the motor on to when you turn it off. I still don't know how to reset at a gas station and see how far I've driven the next time I fill up a week or so later. Seems simple, but....

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
Reach in the loose doored glove box, grab the Owners Manual, proceed to the back of the book to the Index, look up what page number the topic you’re interested is on, flip to said page and learn about those pesky trip-o-meters
A Toyota customer service rep agreed with me on the 2024 manual as poor for that and some other explanations, He said it will go in their weekly circle meeting with other groups.

My being annoyed by the lack of simple reset button can't have any short-term fix but I read from the trip info set when I turn off the vehicle. Time and efforts in settings still only get me trip A or B at once and not the easy reset of an old school system.

Hychet

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I finally figured it out - once you’ve added Trip A or B to the instrument cluster (in front of steering wheel), hold down the “ok” button, to clear the mileage

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
I finally figured it out - once you’ve added Trip A or B to the instrument cluster (in front of steering wheel), hold down the “ok” button, to clear the mileage
I need to do another session with the overall layouts because I don't recall easy way to have A & B on same screen or cycle them.

My rig is only on its 2nd tank of gas but it did not seem to reset milage with a refill like my wife's German car does so that's why I'd like the easy move between trip A and B.
Sponsored