Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Your truck is just a few trucks after mine. We are in it. I have 5k miles no issues.
What are people's thoughts on an early fluid change?
have thought the exact same thing! I’m thinking my first service visit I’ll bite the bullet and pay for a flush
Sponsored

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Yeah, it’s two steps. Lmao
Did you not read the first post? It is literally two steps. Compare the first half of your vin and the second half. It literally takes less than a minute to see if your vin is affected yet people still keep posting their vin and asking for help. They should not be driving in public roads if they can’t figure it out.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
have thought the exact same thing! I’m thinking my first service visit I’ll bite the bullet and pay for a flush
Could solve the problem.. Or Could dislodge debris and cause failure bring it to a head! Either way win/win?

Sponsored

TacoMagic

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
Did you not read the first post? It is literally two steps. Compare the first half of your vin and the second half. It literally takes less than a minute to see if your vin is affected yet people still keep posting their vin and asking for help. They should not be driving in public roads if they can’t figure it out.
Yeah, that’s my point. It’s two steps that the rest of us figured out. It’s not that hard.

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
Mine falls into the TSB, but I have a 6MT, so big IGNORE!

Note: I am over 7,800 miles...

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
So, if a recall is issued down the line, Is Toyota obligated to provide a loaner vehicle for a job that they'll probably have more than a week? Or is it up to the individual dealer, or is this something that is only covered under the optional extended warranty?

Madmez

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav
Those that are outside the tsb, do you experience similar first hard shifts at cold start?

my vin is in the tsb and have somewhat hard first shifts but I could have sworn I heard a clunk when it was downshifting under 30 mph. Other than that it's pretty smooth.

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Interesting, mine appears to be affected based on the documentation. However, I have just over 8K on mine, and it's been behaving properly.

Sponsored
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Those that are outside the tsb, do you experience similar first hard shifts at cold start?

my vin is in the tsb and have somewhat hard first shifts but I could have sworn I heard a clunk when it was downshifting under 30 mph. Other than that it's pretty smooth.

I’m outside the range. My first shift when cold is slightly rough. It’s been like that since new and I have 3500 miles on it. Shifts smooth out completely once it’s ran for a couple minutes. They really aren’t that rough to start with, just rougher than once it’s warmed up.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I’m outside the range. My first shift when cold is slightly rough. It’s been like that since new and I have 3500 miles on it. Shifts smooth out completely once it’s ran for a couple minutes. They really aren’t that rough to start with, just rougher than once it’s warmed up.
Good to know! Was looking for someone outside the range to post this. The weird shifting occasionally is not a set standard for failure then

hemlockz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD Offroad 6MT
Thankfully I don’t fall in the range unless I’m not reading the last 5 digits right 3TYLB5JN5RT20A549?
That looks like a pre-production VIN? (because of a letter in the last 6) Is that what’s on your rig?
Sponsored