Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@Plumbers 1st Taco Good to hear that the TSB is working and your truck is getting repaired. The TSB might be why Toyota is now able to source replacement transmissions more quickly and not have the long waits.

If Toyota is right about the VINs that are affected, you should be set with a reliable new transmission. That sounds like good progress to me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Well, dropped it off yesterday again after limping it along for about 15 miles last week stuck in 6th gear. They found a code P074571 for a pressure control solenoid. They called Toyota and a new transmission and torque converter is on the way from Chicago. I was told Toyota forgot to include that particular code in the TSB. Glad it is finally getting fixed. 3/24 build. 3400 miles.
This is getting old hearing this stuff thinking I’m next or someone else….common Toyota replace the Dam transmissions on all the truck that fall into that category…. Completely unfair to us loyal customers. We expect better when buying Toyota

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
This is getting old hearing this stuff thinking I’m next or someone else….common Toyota replace the Dam transmissions on all the truck that fall into that category…. Completely unfair to us loyal customers. We expect better when buying Toyota
Particularly your truck, which has some shift weirdness as I recall. Do you know for sure that your truck doesn't have any of the codes in the TSB?

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Particularly your truck, which has some shift weirdness as I recall. Do you know for sure that your truck doesn't have any of the codes in the TSB?
No check engine light on, so I guess the trucks feels there’s nothing wrong.

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 double cab
Mine never had the check engine light come on. Always stored codes, along with the freeze frame data they can pull when the faults occurred.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Mine never had the check engine light come on. Always stored codes, along with the freeze frame data they can pull when the faults occurred.
So the codes were in the computer but no check engine light and the truck went into limp mode? I’m understanding it this way correct?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@Gfenza89 You might want to pull the codes before you talk to your dealer. Your Taco could have stored them and not set the check engine light like happened on @Plumbers 1st Taco truck. That way they can't jerk you around and say there were no codes.

Srt10

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tocoma
Nope - only Toyota knows and they ain't talking.

But I think it is still a pretty small number, even if you are included in the TSB. If your truck is currently working fine I say drive it, enjoy it and worry about it if it breaks.
Thanks
Sponsored