Sponsored

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Tacoma
I was about to put a deposit down on a truck but it's vin falls deep into this TSB. (TSB says under 41XXX, and the truck I found is 13XXX). Aren't vins sequenctial?

The dealer claims this truck is still in allocation, whatever that means and they don't have an ETA. Does that make sense, considering the VIN is in the 13,000's?? That seems old.

Wondering if I should pass or if there is a chance the VIN will change from what will get sent to them.

Last edited:

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
None of that makes sense. I thought an allocated truck was not built yet.

Did they give you a build date or are they saying it isn't built yet? I don't see Toyota issuing a TSB for trucks that they haven't even made. I would ask for more information if it was me.

If I bought a truck within the VIN range I would ask for a pretty substantial discount.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
None of that makes sense. I thought an allocated truck was not built yet.

Did they give you a build date or are they saying it isn't built yet? I don't see Toyota issuing a TSB for trucks that they haven't even made. I would ask for more information if it was me.

If I bought a truck within the VIN range I would ask for a pretty substantial discount.
They’ve made trucks for years that fall into many tsb for known issues. Look at the diff howl on the 3rd gen Tacoma, tsb for that all the way up to the last ones that rolled off the assembly line

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@Gfenza89 Yep - I have had trucks which fell under several of them. I just didn't think that they would still be building trucks with transmissions in the TSB range. Isn't that kind of nuts? Maybe I didn't understand the situation and I don't think @Delta1Seven's dealer is being very helpful, for whatever reason. If it was me, I would at least want more info from the dealer.

BTW - yesterday my truck shifted just like normal. Did your issues come and go like that?

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
@Gfenza89 Yep - I have had trucks which fell under several of them. I just didn't think that they would still be building trucks with transmissions in the TSB range. Isn't that kind of nuts? Maybe I didn't understand the situation and I don't think @Delta1Seven's dealer is being very helpful, for whatever reason. If it was me, I would at least want more info from the dealer.

BTW - yesterday my truck shifted just like normal. Did your issues come and go like that?
Yeah sometimes it shifts great, sometimes it shifts like crap. I can’t make heads or tails of the situation I just know in my gut something is clearly wrong

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Yeah - understood.

Although it sucks, at least we don't have to worry about what to do, because Toyota doesn't care anyway. The failures and poor performers are just noise for them in the big business of selling millions of car a year.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
My TH falls within the range.. 3k miles, the only weird thing is that the first cold shift of the day, 1st-2nd gear, is harsh. All other shifts are fine.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Yeah - understood.

Although it sucks, at least we don't have to worry about what to do, because Toyota doesn't care anyway. The failures and poor performers are just noise for them in the big business of selling millions of car a year.
Certainly looking that way, I guess we got screwed
Sponsored