Sponsored

Dirt

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
What was yours doing before and during its failure? Can you go into detail please to help the folks on this forum who are going through this? Check engine light on ? Thank you!
The only thing that really stood out was poor MPG's. A friend bought a similar TRD and was consistently getting 3 to 5 mpg better than I was. One afternoon I stopped at a red light, when it changed, my rig wouldn't move. I ran the shift selector from D to P and all other stops with no movement; went to the "manual" side and found it stuck in 6th gear, would not change out. Back in D out of frustration ran the RPM's up over 5K and just crept enough to get out of the traffic lane. Sat for a few minutes messing with the shifter without any noticeable changes. In D ran RPM up over 3K and we slowly moved off with a gravel on tinfoil sound. Drove about ten blocks at 20 - 25 mph to my mechanic, turned it off. Came back out about ten minutes later, started the rig, put it in Drive and it moved off like normal. Drove it two hundred miles to the dealer without an issue. When the service mgr had a Toyota tech drop the pan, brass particles were visible. A thought was that the particles plugged a sensor so the transmission didn't know it was supposed to move. Once the particles had a chance to drop off, the sensor worked.
Sponsored