Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I’m keeping my truck. But also going to continue to track this issue so I can get a sense for whether I’ll be impacted and how toyota is addressing it over time. I don’t think I’m fear-mongering. I’m not even that upset.
I'm not upset either - I love this truck. I just can't afford to buy a back up for a $66k truck, and it should not be my problem - it should be Toyota's.
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
It’ll be fine man. And you’ll get confidence back in your truck.
I hope so, it has been a shock to watch how quickly its shifting has deteriorated.

Last week it was fine, and now it shifts worse than any automatic I have driven, and Toyota has no plans to do anything about it at this point.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I hope so, it has been a shock to watch how quickly its shifting has deteriorated.

Last week it was fine, and now it shifts worse than any automatic I have driven, and Toyota has no plans to do anything about it at this point.
It just started right? I mean take it in after a couple week and see if codes thrown and just get the issue documented

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
You guys ever consider selling your truck if you're worried about it? The fear mongering and bitching is getting old.

Dump it or live with it.
You have issues?? If not then don’t comment… until your in this boat

Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
You have issues?? If not then don’t comment… until your in this boat
No issues, but if/when the time comes it will get replaced. I have more important things to worry about than a might happen issue.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I'm not upset either - I love this truck. I just can't afford to buy a back up for a $66k truck, and it should not be my problem - it should be Toyota's.
Toyota will fix it. It will suck between now and then. And after that hopefully you’ll forget about it and it will be great for years and years. I spent a ton on my TH, more than you spent because of Texas dealer bs, but I’m not worried long-term.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
No issues, but if/when the time comes it will get replaced. I have more important things to worry about than a might happen issue.
That’s you dude, some people might not have more important things to worry about

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Everyone chill out! It will be FINE! Let’s be civil. This isn’t TW!
But but but my truck, it's in the range and I can feel every shift. The world is coming to an end! I have nothing else to worry about except my truck that may or may not break and if it does break, it will be fixed for free! What am I going to do?!

Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
But but but my truck, it's in the range and I can feel every shift. The world is coming to an end! I have nothing else to worry about except my truck that may or may not break and if it does break, it will be fixed for free! What am I going to do?!
My man, people don’t want to be stranded in their super expensive trucks. I get it. And I get your point as well. Let’s all just chill. We are just exchanging info.

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Tacoma
This has me leaning towards waiting on it. I have already put down a $500 deposit and waiting on it to be shipped. I have a 2020 Trd pro 4runner and being that’s it’s almost winter and I do make long drives from Iowa to VA has me very cautious on getting the Tacoma. I don’t want to be stranded 1000 miles away from home bc my brand new trucks trans took a shit. Really thinking about backing out of it. I don’t see anything the dealership is going to do, and I don’t want to be driving around with a trans that shifts like shit or that can potentially take a shit. Then they won’t do shit until it’s all the way broken throwing codes. I am going to call the salesman tm and see what he has to say. I have a feeling I am going to get fucked if I get the Tacoma. My luck is bad
Your salesman will 100% pretend like there is no concern, just FYI!
Sponsored