Turbo engine break-in

Toy@home

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma.. SR5..rwd
By the Manuel, it says don't gun it and don't keep it a higher speeds consistently. My question is, if I just drive it to work at an average of 50mph and then back home 65mph on the highway, is that sufficient for the break in of about 500mi. About 10 miles each way every day. Does that effect the turbo in any way. She's sittin' at 250 mi. right now. Thoughts on this....thanx..Dale
Sponsored

Sponsored

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
I’m amazed how little these engines use the boost. Driving around town lot of times there’s no boost at all
in eco mode I can keep from spooling up entirely with downshifting on hill climbing and very easy throttle inputs. But normal mode not so much and sport mode is boosted! You can keep that turbo from spooling on a manual transmission if you choose In eco mode. I like that.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
in eco mode I can keep from spooling up entirely with downshifting on hill climbing and very easy throttle inputs. But normal mode not so much and sport mode is boosted! You can keep that turbo from spooling on a manual transmission if you choose In eco mode. I like that.
So I guess that little 4cyl engine has enough power to keep the truck going with out using forced induction. That is a good thing for longevity and I also notice how low the rpm’s stay which is also good not over revving the engine

OP
OP

Toy@home

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma.. SR5..rwd
I just didn’t go above 4000 RPM and tried to vary the RPM every once in a while if using cruise.

I changed my oil after the break in period.
Was that at 1000mi....?

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Think it was 2000 kms or ballpark 1250 miles
Sponsored