Undercoating or not (for Northeast)?

Scooby

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Has anyone gotten their Tacoma undercoated or plan on getting it done? This is my first Toyota and have never gotten it done on any of my other vehicles. A bunch of people told me I should get it done. I live in the Northeast where we get a decent amount of snow. Should I get it undercoated?
Sponsored

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Has anyone gotten their Tacoma undercoated or plan on getting it done? This is my first Toyota and have never gotten it done on any of my other vehicles. A bunch of people told me I should get it done. I live in the Northeast where we get a decent amount of snow. Should I get it undercoated?
I’m going to. I’ve always had my vehicles undercoated due to the amount of salt on our roads in winter.

OP
OP

Scooby

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I’m going to. I’ve always had my vehicles undercoated due to the amount of salt on our roads in winter.
I called around, and was told there are different types of undercoatings. One guy told me the two popular types are a wax based and the other an oil based undercoating. I was told the wax lasts the truck's lifetime while the oil based has to be reapplied every year or two. Which do you get? I'm new to undercoating and don't know much about it.

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
I called around, and was told there are different types of undercoatings. One guy told me the two popular types are a wax based and the other an oil based undercoating. I was told the wax lasts the truck's lifetime while the oil based has to be reapplied every year or two. Which do you get? I'm new to undercoating and don't know much about it.
I can’t pretend to be an expert but I go to Krown. I think it’s petroleum based which allows it to flow into tight spaces etc. it’s worked for me.
Sponsored