Sponsored

Will the BAK X4ts hard roll up *roll* fit between the leaning Yakima towers when rolling up?

FlyAngler

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super White Tacoma Sport AT DC SB
Can anyone tell me if the Bak Revolver X4ts Hard Roll Up Tonneau Cover w/ T-Slot Rails can be used with the Yakima OverHaul HD System Adjustable-Height Heavy-Duty Truck Bed Rack? RealTruck says it will fit, but I'm not sure how certain they really are about it re: my concern below.

I currently have this Yakima rack on my 2017 Tacoma short bed with the Retrax PRO XR Manual Retractable Tonneau Cover w/ T-Slot Rails. My soon-to-arrive Trailhunter has the long bed because I need more room and I don't want to lose the space that I am losing now with the retractable cover (thus the switch to the hard roll up). I'd like to re-use my Yakima rack on the Trailhunter.

My concern is that the towers lean in a bit and have bottle openers on the inside -- all of which makes me wonder if the roll up will actually clear the towers as I roll it up. It is the rolling up part I'm concerned about fitting between the towers as it rolls. I hope that makes sense! Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Nickb949

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma OR Premium
I'm also curious about this.

I just purchased the Bakflip Revolver x4ts hard roll-up bed cover. I'm loving it so far. Now I'm looking at getting some bed racks to eventually mount a rooftop tent.

I'm wondering the same thing about the Yakima OverHaul racks.

OP
OP

FlyAngler

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super White Tacoma Sport AT DC SB
@Nickb949 Can you roll up your cover and measure the height (diameter) when fully rolled up? And tell me what the width is too? I'm thinking that I can check those measurements against the towers as they are now installed on my 2017. The bed width could be a little different, so I'll have to check the specs on each too. Seems like this could give us all an answer...

Nickb949

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma OR Premium
@FlyAngler completely rolled up, the Bakflip Revolver X4TS measures:

8 inches in height
11 inches in depth
54 inches in width across the bed of the truck

Let me know if you think it would fit with the Yakima racks!
Sponsored