Windshield repair

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
So I had a very very small chip in my windshield, 1 cm or less. No cracking/spider webbing.

My insurance has no cost repair and sent me safelite’s info. I do understand I could have taken it to a shop of my choice and wish I would have.

The tech tapped the glass with a little metal tool that looked like a screw driver and the small chip spread into a crack about 1-1.5 inches in both directions.

He then filled it in. I am 99% certain I could have done a better job on my own.

I signed no paperwork through safelite. Called my insurance who said reach out to safelite who then recommended a new windshield replacement which I declined. If I end up needing it I’ll be using a local glass shop as I should have from the get go.

The chip looks reduced in size but more obvious than it did before repair and the cracks are visible from inside the car in sunlight.

Just wanted to throw it out there to be wary of satellite. I should have known better. Just was so small and seeed like an easy fix and they’d come to my house.
also wondering if i signed no paperwork acknowledging it could get worse if I could hook safelite for replacement if it gets worse. My guess is no but since I signed no paperwork I wondered if maybe they’d have less recourse or I’d have more. Thanks everyone.
Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Having mine replaced next week (after almost two months of waiting for the windshield). Elected not to use Safelite since I'm paying out of pocket and they were almost 2k for a replacement.

I've had a few windshields replaced through them, but would much rather go with a local company.