Fox Shock Rebuild required on 2024 TRD Pro

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Fox Shocks will need to be periodically serviced to maintain proper functionality.. don’t forget to factor this in to your purchasing decision when considering this model. Fox charges $175 per shock, plus shipping- not even including removal and re-installation fees.

2024 Tacoma Fox Shock Rebuild required on 2024 TRD Pro IMG_8420
Sponsored

tacoboutit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EXL
I'll just take that TH with the OME shocks, thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
StreeTaco

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Still on the Pro wagon here, gonna be rad

Kilo19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 VW Golf R, 2022 Lexus NX 350
Yikes- every 10K, that's frequent.
Fox Shocks will need to be periodically serviced to maintain proper functionality.. don’t forget to factor this in to your purchasing decision when considering this model. Fox charges $175 per shock, plus shipping- not even including removal and re-installation fees.

IMG_8420.jpeg
Where did you find this service schedule?

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
I'll just take that TH with the OME shocks, thanks.
I'm sure the OME have a service schedule too. I do all my own service, so I'm less worried about the price, but I am disappointed in the frequency. I'm sure you could double it safely, but that's still a bunch.

tacoboutit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EXL
I'm sure the OME have a service schedule too. I do all my own service, so I'm less worried about the price, but I am disappointed in the frequency. I'm sure you could double it safely, but that's still a bunch.
They do need to be serviced as well, I'm sure, but in my (admittedly limited) research on the matter I am seeing guys saying their OME shocks lasted about 60-65k miles before they had to be serviced. If true, that is 6 times less often at least.

Sponsored

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Yes, for a full racing Fox system this is true. But this isn't a off the shelf Fox racing shock. These are specially built to be OEM and fall within certain parameters. I highly doubt your OEM shocks will need 10k intervals. They will perform very well, and for most users will be plenty. But I am willing to bet if someone wanted to truly race this truck for long periods, they would have to get a true race shock kit installed. At the end of the day its a street legal truck.

Just like the Trailhunter. Why didn't they just use the OME BP-51 shock kit which is superior to what will come on the truck? The new OME suspension on the TH is closer to the new MT64 I was told, but not actually a MT64. The MT64 is a rebuildable shock, and I bet Toyota didn't want that.

Nitro Charger is ARBs entry shock
MT64 is middle of the road
BP-51 is top of the line.

Trailhunter isnt getting any of these. Point is, it will be different that what you read on the Fox website. 3rd gen TRD Pro has come with shock suspension forever and those particular shocks aren't rebuildable. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Kings is similar too btw, but I have like 50-60k on them, but I am in fact due for a rebuild. So even if they are rebuildable, 10k isn't mandatory unless you really beat the piss out of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
StreeTaco

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
He’s not just a beautiful head of hair people, he’s got the smarts too! Teach us the way Sensei

I’ve seen all of your videos, you are truly my hero.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
He’s not just a beautiful head of hair people, he’s got the smarts too! Teach us the way Sensei

I’ve seen all of your videos, you are truly my hero.
Haha, if that's not sarcasm, then thank you I really appreciate it! I was very happy to let the cat out of the bag on the new build. I am SO looking forward to the Trailhunter!

paulbdotcom

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD
Fox shock warranty is crap. 1 year. Bilstein is lifetime.
Sponsored