Sponsored

2024 TRD Off Road Suspension - harsh / issue?

RFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off road (soon)
Do guys feel like your front suspension either bottoms out real fast/easy/maybe too harsh with no bump stomp or either rebounds to fast and sorta "clunks" at your feet.

Went over everything it all seems tight.
Sponsored

ldudiaz

First Name
Lisandro Diaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma RTD Sport
I have the trd sport and I feel every bump there is. I definitely get the clunks. It is my first truck ever so Iā€™m not sure if this a truck feel or the suspension doesnā€™t absorb the bumps real good

Rover Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Do guys feel like your front suspension either bottoms out real fast/easy/maybe too harsh with no bump stomp or either rebounds to fast and sorta "clunks" at your feet.

Went over everything it all seems tight.

Toyota went pretty conservative with the bump stops this time around, Iā€™ve noticed it too. Iā€™m no expert in suspension but you can easily feel it if you find an aggressive speed bump and hit it over 20mph. I also recall a video where one of the YouTubers was beating on their stock TRDOR and managed to damage the bump stop, mind you they couldā€™ve been doing 65 mph on the trail, wasnā€™t sure what happened there. Furthermore, TRDJon also complained about the stock bump stops in a recent post on YT during his Moab trip, but had no issues beyond them just feeling too high.

OP
OP

RFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off road (soon)
Ok so you guys with stock tires even feel this. I thought maybe the bigger 285 k03 were maybe too heavy for these shocks Er something.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I have 10-Ply 33s and I think it rides pretty well. I think I hit a bump stop once when I hit a huge pot hold at 40mph. Nothing you need to worry about.

Sponsored

GMak621

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD ƘR
Yes. I did notice the clunk going over a speed bump. Canā€™t wait for some updated progressive bumps to be available

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR Base
I noticed the same thing this past weekend with stock tires. The rear bump stops were frequently bottoming out loaded down with RTT and full bed of camping equipment. Wasnā€™t even squatting that badly. Hoping aftermarket options come out soon!

DawnPatrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
The outgoing model had bump stops mounted in the subframe where the current gen has them incorporated into the top hat.

not a great design in my opinion but sure the aftermarket will offer better options in the future .

As far as general ride quality, I appreciate the stiff chassis and tuning for on road usage compared to the wallowy outgoing model

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd w/upgrade
I am looking forward to an upgraded option from bilstein or Fox so I can eventually replace my stock 2024 trd OR shocks. I will have this truck for 10+ years so upgrading makes sense. Stock is pretty good, but I have had better and it is worth it for me.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
I have the trd sport and I feel every bump there is. I definitely get the clunks. It is my first truck ever so Iā€™m not sure if this a truck feel or the suspension doesnā€™t absorb the bumps real good
Make sure your tires are at 32psi if you have the stock Michelins. Just a couple psi over makes a big difference.

Sponsored

IMAC138

First Name
Ian Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I just hit my first big speed bumps an hour ago at a decent speed...my TRD OR took the intitial hit really well but as the front suspension went to full extension on the backside of the bumps there was a noticeable clunk when the coil topped out. First thing I thought was 'hmm, that feels different than my '21" and came home to look up if anyone felt this too. Glad I'm not the only one since I instantly got this nervous feeling something was wrong with my new rig.

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
Ok so you guys with stock tires even feel this. I thought maybe the bigger 285 k03 were maybe too heavy for these shocks Er something.
Where did you manage to find 285 ko3s in canada please?

Frog Mack

First Name
Frog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD, 14 FJC
Iā€™m glad to hear Iā€™m not alone in this ā€œclunkā€ issue. I wondered if it might be the bump stops. Iā€™ve been driving the same field roads for 25-30 years and the clunk is new with the 24. No clunk in the ā€˜22, the ā€˜14, ā€˜07, or any older ones, except when a front shock was loose, tie rod worn, or steer rack bushings were worn.
Sponsored