Sponsored

Does the Toyota app not have scheduled start?

DillyCrack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Scheduled start was my favorite feature in the ford app. I was searching for it last night in the Toyota app and didn’t see anything. I also googled it but could only find info about it on rav4s. Does anyone know if it exists in the Tacoma?
Sponsored

RFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off road (soon)
Not that I can find. Unless there's some hidden feature haha

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Nope. Is that really your favorite feature? Because it takes so much time to open the app and press start?

OP
OP
DillyCrack

DillyCrack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Nope. Is that really your favorite feature? Because it takes so much time to open the app and press start?
I wake up for work at 3 am for work and pretty much piss and brush my teeth and I’m out the door. It’s nice to have one less thing to do in the morning. Don’t know why that bothers you.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I wake up for work at 3 am for work and pretty much piss and brush my teeth and I’m out the door. It’s nice to have one less thing to do in the morning. Don’t know why that bothers you.
Well, you could piss and brush your teeth at the same time to save that amount of time it takes to open that up and start the truck.😂.
Just trying to make light of it. It's not a feature I ever used on the Ford app but between Ford and Chevrolet and Toyota, Toyota's got the worst of the apps. It's also very annoying when I get into my truck and start to open Waze and then the app pops up and asks me if it can connect to the vehicle and if I say yes it opens up. If I've used it to remote start the truck, it doesn't need to ask me if I want to allow it to connect to the truck once I hit the button and the brake so I can drive, or if I've started the truck without using the app. I don't need it open at that time. It should just use facial recognition to open up and that's it. If I didn't want to connect to the truck I would disable it which I will do once I run out of the trial. At least Ford and Chevy had a remote start on the key fob that worked from inside the house and I didn't have to deal with the app.
This is my personal annoyance with it. Don't need my balls busted for it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DillyCrack

DillyCrack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Well, you could piss and brush your teeth at the same time to save that amount of time it takes to open that up and start the truck.😂.
Just trying to make light of it. It's not a feature I ever used on the Ford app but between Ford and Chevrolet and Toyota, Toyota's got the worst of the apps. It's also very annoying when I get into my truck and start to open Waze and then the app pops up and asks me if it can connect to the vehicle and if I say yes it opens up. If I've used it to remote start the truck, it doesn't need to ask me if I want to allow it to connect to the truck once I hit the button and the brake so I can drive, or if I've started the truck without using the app. I don't need it open at that time. It should just use facial recognition to open up and that's it. If I didn't want to connect to the truck I would disable it which I will do once I run out of the trial. At least Ford and Chevy had a remote start on the key fob that worked from inside the house and I didn't have to deal with the app.
This is my personal annoyance with it. Don't need my balls busted for it.
Not trying to get any drops on the seat 🤣

But That gets on my nerves too. If you don’t tap it it just goes away once the trucks on but I open it everytime for some reason.

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2021 Subaru Outback, 2024 TRD OR Tacoma
I can see that as a useful thing in colder climates. We have it on our Outback and I've never used it. Wife and I actually never use the app come to think of it...

OP
OP
DillyCrack

DillyCrack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
I can see that as a useful thing in colder climates. We have it on our Outback and I've never used it. Wife and I actually never use the app come to think of it...
It’s not a big deal without it. I’ve been starting my truck from the app since I got it. Was just nice to have and was wondering if I was just not seeing it in the app.

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
While for the life of me I don't understand the need for a scheduled start, have one idea. If you are on iOS (and I'll say this first .... i'm not a huge techie) is there a way to create an automation through the shorcuts app to start the truck at the time you want?

Just an idea - but have no real working knowledge on how to set that up or if it can be done. Last point just remember any more than two shakes is considered playing.

Sponsored

Leo319

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
That Is actually a neat future I wished Toyota had. Wife’s Tesla is set up by the day. Nice to get in a warm car, and entirely defrosted in cold weather by the time you leave the door.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
I wish you could turn on the heated seats and wheel and defroster via the app.

OP
OP
DillyCrack

DillyCrack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
While for the life of me I don't understand the need for a scheduled start, have one idea. If you are on iOS (and I'll say this first .... i'm not a huge techie) is there a way to create an automation through the shorcuts app to start the truck at the time you want?

Just an idea - but have no real working knowledge on how to set that up or if it can be done. Last point just remember any more than two shakes is considered playing.
No need. Just had for 3 years and used it because why not, it’s there, and it was something I grew fond of.
And I’m sure there is a way to do that, but I have zero idea on how to do it

OP
OP
DillyCrack

DillyCrack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
I wish you could turn on the heated seats and wheel and defroster via the app.
I don’t think there is anyway to do the seats and wheel. But if you go in the app and slide up where the start button is and go into climate, you can set the temp and front and rear defroster to turn on when you use remote start.

OP
OP
DillyCrack

DillyCrack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
That Is actually a neat future I wished Toyota had. Wife’s Tesla is set up by the day. Nice to get in a warm car, and entirely defrosted in cold weather by the time you leave the door.
I used it for 3 years and I’d set it for when I left the house in the morning and when I left work. It’s just one less thing to do and ill always appreciate not having to remember to do things lol. I showed a lot of the older guys I work with how to use it and they think it’s great too.
Sponsored