Sponsored

Ordered TRD Off road without "Upgrade" Package(s)

jerrysoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma OR
Howdy 4th gen'ers. after a long debate I decided to go with the 45msrp without the off road upgrade package (jbl sound, power seats, power window, qi charging, sliding window etc) I have a little remorse because I couldnt afford all those options as it was just over my budget but I wanted the off road capability.

The only thing i feel like im losing truly is the horizontal window in the back (even though its tiny) and the AC power in the bed, does anyone know if I still have 12v in the bed? or can i add later on my own? Thank you! ALSO is that insane that they dont add power and a window in the back already in an upgraded trim?

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Sponsored

vfracer

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
That's the exact model I have. No 12v in the bed. Unsure if you can add it. My previous 2022 Ram Laramie had a sliding back window and honestly, I never used it. So I don't really miss it in my current Taco.

OP
OP

jerrysoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma OR
Thank you! Yeah 11"x11" window seems a bit silly all in all

That's the exact model I have. No 12v in the bed. Unsure if you can add it. My previous 2022 Ram Laramie had a sliding back window and honestly, I never used it. So I don't really miss it in my current Taco.

Tacoma Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD off road
Yeah, I agree - my 24 off road just has spray in bedliner, large screen , mudflaps, floormats & steps. No bed power, no sunroof, no power seats, no JBL, no leather. I too would rather have the suspension package & rear locker. Very pleased with minimal options. Really like the big screen! 47k

OP
OP

jerrysoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma OR
Yeah, I agree - my 24 off road just has spray in bedliner, large screen , mudflaps, floormats & steps. No bed power, no sunroof, no power seats, no JBL, no leather. I too would rather have the suspension package & rear locker. Very pleased with minimal options. Really like the big screen! 47k
I keep going back and forth. I havent received mine from the dealer yet but am worried I'm gonna want those things :wait: Do you feel like its still a great truck?

Sponsored

Tacoma Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD off road
Oh yeah, still a great truck! I didnt order , just went to dealer to test drive. I think I lucked out my dealer had a loaded sport at 54k and a loaded sr5 at 51k, also had a slightly less appointed OR in red but I am drawn to black so i purchased the black one. Really think its the sweet spot for price. Ride is fantastic, seats are comfortable and very easy to adjust, looks great. Didnt think I would need the big screen but love that feature. Plan on putting Ko3’s on it when the trail terrains wear out. No lift or level needed. Only thing I dont like is the small tank but not a deal killer. You will love it - what color are you getting?

OP
OP

jerrysoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma OR
Getting the Ice cap white! I had a black 4runner for years and loved it, but sadly it was stolen last april and have been waiting for a year to purchase a new car. The new tacoma drew me in and I thought id change it up even thought black is always the best haha.

svaughn76

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
Howdy 4th gen'ers. after a long debate I decided to go with the 45msrp without the off road upgrade package (jbl sound, power seats, power window, qi charging, sliding window etc) I have a little remorse because I couldnt afford all those options as it was just over my budget but I wanted the off road capability.

The only thing i feel like im losing truly is the horizontal window in the back (even though its tiny) and the AC power in the bed, does anyone know if I still have 12v in the bed? or can i add later on my own? Thank you! ALSO is that insane that they dont add power and a window in the back already in an upgraded trim?

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Got Bronze Oxide TRD Off Road without the upgrade package too! Happy with my choice so far. Came with the following installed dealer options: spray in bed liner, predator steps, black out package for $46k

Last edited:

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR Base
Congrats! Also opted to get a base OR (14" screen, heated seats) instead of one with the upgrade pkg to save some money. No regrets so far after 2K miles!

It's not looking great so far to add the factory 12V power in the bed despite being listed as an accessory by Toyota. The wiring harness is physical there, but supposedly no power supply. Hoping a DIY aftermarket option becomes available later down the road.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jerrysoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma OR
Congrats! Also opted to get a base OR (14" screen, heated seats) instead of one with the upgrade pkg to save some money. No regrets so far after 2K miles!

It's not looking great so far to add the factory 12V power in the bed despite being listed as an accessory by Toyota. The wiring harness is physical there, but supposedly no power supply. Hoping a DIY aftermarket option becomes available later down the road.
Yes a buddy said he got TRD OR w/ the upgrade package a few months agoand though he is excited about it, he says most of it is just fluff and he never uses the bed power anyway. Here's to spending 5k on tent/rack/spacer lift etc!

OP
OP

jerrysoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma OR

How is the base sound system?

Windsor

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
If you ever want to tow a trailer with electric brakes , there is no easy way to add a brake controller . I was promised by the salesman and the manager that it wouldn't be a problem to add my own controller like I had in my 5 previous Tacomas . Got the 2024 TRD sport and could not find a plug for the brake controller . Action truck said they could do it , but after 2 hours in their shop they said that they couldn't do it . So after a month of the dealer blowing smoke up my ass about how they were going to look after it for me , and the service tech was just waiting for a wiring diagram . I traded my 2024 TRD for a low mileage 2023 . Things that I realized that I missed in my breif ownership of the 2024 , were , heated mirrors ,the 12v plug in the back , power adjustable seat . In Canada I was basically looking at an extra 8K to get that in the 2024 TRD .

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR Base
How is the base sound system?
It's fine for what it is. Not great, but not terrible. At first I was pretty bummed not having the JBL system but a number of people have been critical of the center speaker being too dominant. I had to tweak the audio settings quite a bit to find a good balance.. increased base, mid, treble, and adjusted the focus rearward.

I might go aftermarket at some point in the future, but the active noise cancellation complicates things a bit. I could see sound deadening going a long way without having to touch the speakers.

taco.b0ut.it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Off-Road Long Bed
Make sure to check out sources for below MRSP - here on the forums, Facebook groups: BELOW MRSP TOYOTA, TOYOTA NO MARKUP, TOYOTA DEALS, etc.

I got mine OR long bed with OR package for 3100 off MRSP so under 47K OTD exclude TTL

There are deals around the nation, look around!
Sponsored