Vented seat turns on and won't turn off

mjohn185

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Used the vented passenger seat this past weekend for the first time, and now the vent will randomly turn off and will not quit until the truck is turned off. Anyone else have similar issue?
Sponsored

M40A1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD
Used the vented passenger seat this past weekend for the first time, and now the vent will randomly turn off and will not quit until the truck is turned off. Anyone else have similar issue?
So far I have not had any issues of this type with my 24 Sport.

Tacomanoob

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Tacoma
Man it sucks to hear little issues popping up with this year tacoma. I been buying every generations from hilux to tacoma and never had little issues like this before. It is irritating to hear and to experience as well. I should be happy that I havnt had this issue yet. by the way what models come with vented seats to begin with?

OP
OP

mjohn185

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Man it sucks to hear little issues popping up with this year tacoma. I been buying every generations from hilux to tacoma and never had little issues like this before. It is irritating to hear and to experience as well. I should be happy that I havnt had this issue yet. by the way what models come with vented seats to begin with?
It’s frustrating for sure but could be worse. Have appointment with dealer tomorrow so hopefully a quick fix. It’s TRD off road with the premium package.

Tacomanoob

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Tacoma
Do you know if anyone makes seat covers for vented seats. I always had a seat cover and was looking to get one that fits good. Dont want to cover up the vent and still have a nice seat.

Sponsored

Jashton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD OR
I just picked my truck up today and have the same problem. Did the dealer fix the issue?

that_frenchman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road Premium iForce Max
Are the vented seats in these tacos tied to the climate controls? My current vehicle has them turn on/off based on inside vehicle temp and whatever temp you’ve set it to. Turns on the heated seats in the winter and ventilated seats in the summer without any input from me.

Jashton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD OR
Are the vented seats in these tacos tied to the climate controls? My current vehicle has them turn on/off based on inside vehicle temp and whatever temp you’ve set it to. Turns on the heated seats in the winter and ventilated seats in the summer without any input from me.
My driver side works with the switch on the dash but the passenger does not. The passenger comes on as soon as the truck is turned on. So I don’t believe this is the case but I just picked mine up today.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mjohn185

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I just picked my truck up today and have the same problem. Did the dealer fix the issue?
I haven’t taken it back yet. Still doing occasionally but almost at the 5,000 mark so figure will have them look when take it in for maintenance check to avoid going there twice.

Tacomanoob

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Tacoma
not to throw salt in the wound but wonder if seat belt has anything to do with this too. cause When I did have the seat belt on the adaptive cruise control would work and several other things as well.

OP
OP

mjohn185

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
it appears to be a faulty fan motor on the seat. Dealer says should take a couple weeks to get part. For time being disconnecting the passenger seat as it started running entire time truck was on over past few days. Once part is replaced will post if fixed issue or not.

Jashton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD OR
it appears to be a faulty fan motor on the seat. Dealer says should take a couple weeks to get part. For time being disconnecting the passenger seat as it started running entire time truck was on over past few days. Once part is replaced will post if fixed issue or not.
I just took my truck in and I got told the same thing. They actually had the fan in stock but ripped the seat cover in the process of figuring out what the problem was. So now I get to wait till the middle of August for a new seat cover to get it all fixed.

OP
OP

mjohn185

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I just took my truck in and I got told the same thing. They actually had the fan in stock but ripped the seat cover in the process of figuring out what the problem was. So now I get to wait till the middle of August for a new seat cover to get it all fixed.
That sucks they ripped the cover on your seat. Would like to think they would be more careful to not do something like that. Did replacing the fan motor fix the issue for you?
Sponsored