Sponsored

AC dripping cold water in drivers side floor?

dspencer40

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma offroad
Marine Vet,
Got truck back today, two day fix, entire front interior out, still in shock of photos to fix. Everyone has the first one they have ever seen............
How long did it take for them to get the part ? They kept backing my date back
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Told three different delivery dates, ordered 4-27 to finally recieved 5-30 .
Are you happy with how this came out? Do all the dash parts still fit correctly and are there any new rattles or vibrations? That would be my reason to question letting them fix this at a dealership.

tampacg1967

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma tdr sport
Just
Are you happy with how this came out? Do all the dash parts still fit correctly and are there any new rattles or vibrations? That would be my reason to question letting them fix this at a dealership.
I'm not happy that the whole dash and interior came out to fix on a new truck with 450 miles and DAY 1 leak. I do understand that stuff happens. Im very happy that Marinevet started this forum to track this problem. So what do we have for options really. Get another vehical with same issue or Any chance toyota is fixing them now before they send out new? How can you determine new rattles when the car is less than 60 day old and PARKED in drive for 40 days waiting to be fixed. Still in shock from seeing photos of disassembly on the net. So very frustrated, should have been a happy day buying girfriend new truck and now I'm just wondering if it was put back togther properly. Still waiting for Toyota to ask me how I like for a survey.

balancemwp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Sport 2024
I was wondering the same. The part is supposed to arrive today and the Truck should be fixed sometime next week. My concern on fixing it is will the Tech be able to fix it without messing something else up. The dealership told me they have never done this before which gives me cause for concern.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD
I was wondering the same. The part is supposed to arrive today and the Truck should be fixed sometime next week. My concern on fixing it is will the Tech be able to fix it without messing something else up. The dealership told me they have never done this before which gives me cause for concern.
That was my issue. Will it rattle…will it steer straight, how many nicks, scratches, etc would pop up from this process. Would all the wires be in the correct place and fastened, would every screw be put back in…would the airbags be set up properly so if I have an accident it would function correctly. These thoughts were going through my head and had they not given me a new truck it was gone anyway. Other people might be ok with it but for me it was too much on a brand new truck for 51k. I really hoped mine was just a fluke one but now seeing all these people with same issue is a disappointment for sure. I’m sure they will work it out on later models and anything can happen to any brand but lately Toyota has made me wonder on some issues and they were the brand you would normally have confidence in.

tampacg1967

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma tdr sport
Every dealership is going to be the first one unfortunatly being 4th gen. My concern also. You really do not what to see how they fix this, even I was shocked as a mechanic.

tampacg1967

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma tdr sport
Every dealership is going to be the first one unfortunatly being 4th gen. My concern also. You really do not what to see how they fix this, even I was shocked as a mechanic.
So how many on this forum got another new truck ? or in process under lemon law ?

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD
So how many on this forum got another new truck ? or in process under lemon law ?
My dealer was quick with it. They offered it right off the bat and understood my concerns. I had a new truck before the part had even arrived for the old one.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I'm not happy that the whole dash and interior came out to fix on a new truck with 450 miles and DAY 1 leak.
I completely understand. No one would be happy to have a dealer tear the interior of their new truck apart when it had just been delivered. I was asking if, as far as you can tell, the repair was done right. Personally I would not trust any dealer to do that much work on my new truck and not screw something up.

@MarineVet6113 You made the right choice to take the replacement truck IMO. No matter how long you owned the first Tacoma you would always be waiting for some problem to pop up that was caused by all of that work. It also sounds like you have a good dealer that took care of you, but I wonder how many other people will be so lucky.

Krystiv

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Mine has 1 week to go on lemon law. Then either I get a new truck or they buy it back. The part was supposed to be in today. This is the 3rd time they have pushed part arrival. Next Thursday is the 30 day mark for the lemon law on mine.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I can see lemon lawing it and then waiting a bit, if you can, while Toyota practices making these cool trucks. Maybe they have this and other early issues sorted out, and maybe not.

There have been more issues with the 4th gen than I expected and I'm just hoping they have some of them figured out by the time they build mine in three weeks.

I'll be interested in hearing how this turns out.

Good luck!

tampacg1967

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma tdr sport
I can see lemon lawing it and then waiting a bit, if you can, while Toyota practices making these cool trucks. Maybe they have this and other early issues sorted out, and maybe not.

There have been more issues with the 4th gen than I expected and I'm just hoping they have some of them figured out by the time they build mine in three weeks.

I'll be interested in hearing how this turns out.

Good luck!
Ill keep you posted on my adventures and resolution when I have more to share.

dspencer40

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma offroad
my part have been delayed 4 times, filing a lemon complant.
Sponsored