Window Open Notification

Cgieber1

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Hey all, have had my Tacoma Limited for a few months. Every time I stop the truck and open the door, I get a notification on the truck that a window is open even thought they are all closed. On the app it shows they are all closed. Are any of you experiencing this? Should I take it to the dealership?
Sponsored

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I assume you have ensured all 4 windows are all the way up. The back "porthole window" doesn't report open closed. if that is the case you should take it to the dealer.

Tacomanoob

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Tacoma
Mines did that several times too. When I goto lock the door it beeps extra to tell me window is open and I dont have them open. They are practically never open. I think it was a glitch. LIMITED as well.

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Mines did that several times too. When I goto lock the door it beeps extra to tell me window is open and I dont have them open. They are practically never open. I think it was a glitch. LIMITED as well.
So that's what those extra 4 or 5 beeps are when I lock the truck are about! I hadn't had time to research it yet. My windows haven't been open either. It doesn't do it all the time though. Trailhunter trim.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
I had that notification last week. Checked the windows..all up. Figured it was another software issue. Twenty minutes later I walked back to the truck..realized I forgot to close the slider. The truck is smarter than me.

Sponsored

Brody919

First Name
Brody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OF DCLB
So that's what those extra 4 or 5 beeps are when I lock the truck are about! I hadn't had time to research it yet. My windows haven't been open either. It doesn't do it all the time though. Trailhunter trim.
It also beeps like that to have you check the backseat. i had to turn it off in the settings. I think it only goes off if you opened the back doors for something and then didn't open them again once you made it to your destination.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
It also beeps like that to have you check the backseat. i had to turn it off in the settings. I think it only goes off if you opened the back doors for something and then didn't open them again once you made it to your destination.
I think its actually just the back seat warning if you open and close the back door say to put your kid or dog in there and forget. There is no warning beep at all for the back slider being open. It even says that in the Toyota app.

00Sandman00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Hey all, have had my Tacoma Limited for a few months. Every time I stop the truck and open the door, I get a notification on the truck that a window is open even thought they are all closed. On the app it shows they are all closed. Are any of you experiencing this? Should I take it to the dealership?
did you get this one figured out? I have the same warning when opening the drivers door - I get window open and door open.

remote start also doesn't work on mine, either through the app (remote start failed) or via the fob. wonder if this is related.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Got the same message on my limited. Back slider window was open just a touch. Close it with the switch in the roof panel. Problem solved.

00Sandman00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Well - window was closed but found the switch jacked up. back working now, thanks for the hints. that's right where the seatbelt is, guessing that's what knocked it off. Doubt I'll be the last. worst case to just short those wires and remove the rear window status switch.
1722357801518-00.png
Sponsored