Sponsored

Engine Shake @ Idle When At A Stop With HVAC On

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
I know this has been discussed in other posts so far and others have felt the same as I have felt. At this point I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has had their truck to a dealer to have the issue looked at and if so what was the "fix" or "reply" from the dealer as to what it is. Also curious to know how many people have and have not felt the shake. It feels like an engine misfiring on a cylinder when at stops with the HVAC on, whole truck shakes -it's very apparent.
Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I know this has been discussed in other posts so far and others have felt the same as I have felt. At this point I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has had their truck to a dealer to have the issue looked at and if so what was the "fix" or "reply" from the dealer as to what it is. Also curious to know how many people have and have not felt the shake. It feels like an engine misfiring on a cylinder when at stops with the HVAC on, whole truck shakes -it's very apparent.
Yup, I just made a thread a few days ago too. Engine shake is a much better description, I called it a cough. My whole stick shift rattles.

I can't be bothered to go to a dealer anymore this year, drive it until something happens. If it IS normal, it's very annoying and it's the first I've ever seen a vehicle do it. It makes the truck sound like it's misfiring like some sort of đź’© bucket, not a great impression for people around.

OP
OP
Sner

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, I just made a thread a few days ago too. Engine shake is a much better description, I called it a cough. My whole stick shift rattles.

I can't be bothered to go to a dealer anymore this year, drive it until something happens. If it IS normal, it's very annoying and it's the first I've ever seen a vehicle do it. It makes the truck sound like it's misfiring like some sort of đź’© bucket, not a great impression for people around.
Yeah agree I’m not running to dealer with it yet, I’ll wait for other things, just expecting at this point others may be starting to bring their trucks in for service now.

it’s odd out of all the YouTube bashing on the internet - nobody has picked this issue yet ?

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Yeah agree I’m not running to dealer with it yet, I’ll wait for other things, just expecting at this point others may be starting to bring their trucks in for service now.

it’s odd out of all the YouTube bashing on the internet - nobody has picked this issue yet ?
I agree pretty odd, especially given a lot of the areas they're reviewing in AC is essential lol. Guess they're gabbing too hard to even notice it

nyydynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5
I've felt this as well but it's really not that apparent (at least not in mine).

Sponsored

mrgooden

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
If you mean the compressor kicking on, yes. I feel it. Not concerned.

Richard

OP
OP
Sner

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you mean the compressor kicking on, yes. I feel it. Not concerned.

Richard
It’s not the compressor clicking on - well maybe it is, but it shouldn’t shake the whole truck. Any other vehicle I’ve owned the only thing out of the AC compressor is a click noise of the clutch and the idle stepping up, but not a shake that can be felt inside the truck.

mrgooden

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
It’s not the compressor clicking on - well maybe it is, but it shouldn’t shake the whole truck. Any other vehicle I’ve owned the only thing out of the AC compressor is a click noise of the clutch and the idle stepping up, but not a shake that can be felt inside the truck.
Turn your AC off. I bet you do not feel it anymore. I just keep my AC at max so it stays engaged longer.

Richard

OP
OP
Sner

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turn your AC off. I bet you do not feel it anymore. I just keep my AC at max so it stays engaged longer.

Richard
🤦🏻‍♂️ I know turning off the AC stops the shake. I stated that in my first post. Guess I should also turn up the radio if I hear a differential howl?
Sponsored