Jayzeee

Jayzeee

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
What are the current temps in Vegas, and how is the Pro air conditioning doing?

Does the hybrid Pro use Start/Stop?

Asking for a friend…
Air runs great. I need to tint it. I actually haven’t noticed it stop and start at all. But reading the manual I think I saw it can’t be turned off or on.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jayzeee

Jayzeee

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Nice truck! I’m also in Vegas…ended up having some issues with my ‘14 Silverado that accelerated my switch to the taco and took away some of my flexibility so I’m in a ‘24 TRD OR in white with the long bed. Love it! Congrats on the truck, I’ll look for you around town!
Sounds good, say whats up.

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
From my understanding someone had cancelled their allocation. My dealer contacted when it arrived and I offered it.
Nice, I was lucky to secure one at my dealership. They did not know it hit their system and as soon as I saw no one was on a list for it, I snatched it up. It was just built on the 25th and is in processing now.

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
Air runs great. I need to tint it. I actually haven’t noticed it stop and start at all. But reading the manual I think I saw it can’t be turned off or on.
Start stop has gotten way smoother over the years but I don’t think it activates if your ac is on full blast. I have an early version of it in what I drive rn and it’s sooo clunky and has even stalled my engine which is insanity ~ but if it’s summer and hot and my fan is going full tilt it doesn’t activate. So maybe that’s what’s going on? Otherwise maybe it really is that smooth which is great!

Sponsored

Wutangz_Taco

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro Tacoma
@Jayzeee - getting an ice cap delivered in a month or so and wondering about tires. Can you confirm this is a full-size spare? Any idea if a 34” would fit in the spare location? Any pics you could share? I’m definitely swapping tires, but trying to decide between wild peak at4w 265/70r18 (33”)and 285/70r18 (34”).

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
The hybrids do have stop/start, and it can't be turned off. But it is not a problem from what I have read and seen on videos.

Toyota uses their experience with full hybrids to make it pretty much invisible on the i-FORCE MAX whether the engine is running or not.

OP
OP
Jayzeee

Jayzeee

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
@Jayzeee - getting an ice cap delivered in a month or so and wondering about tires. Can you confirm this is a full-size spare? Any idea if a 34” would fit in the spare location? Any pics you could share? I’m definitely swapping tires, but trying to decide between wild peak at4w 265/70r18 (33”)and 285/70r18 (34”).
You should be good bro. Spare is the same

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
The hybrids do have stop/start, and it can't be turned off. But it is not a problem from what I have read and seen on videos.

Toyota uses their experience with full hybrids to make it pretty much invisible on the i-FORCE MAX whether the engine is running or not.
This is correct. There is “stop/start” and it can’t be turned off, but it’s not what people typically see on non hybrid turbo trucks like the base ford ranger.

It’s part of the hybrid system and works absolutely flawlessly. Turning it off would defeat the purpose.

that_frenchman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road Premium iForce Max
Yeah the Start/Stop on these hybrids don't work like traditional gas Stop/Starts. It'll usually turn the engine off as you are coasting to a stop, and if you are gentle on the throttle the engine won't kick back on when you roll away from that stop until you really give it some gas. So it's not a direct 1/1 with actually coming to a stop, it does it on its own at times that make the most sense. The most fun is cruising around parking lots with the engine off in near complete silence (you can faintly hear the beep beeping of the outside hybrid mode indicator).
Sponsored