Sponsored

Mild Rattle or Ticking Sound Drivers Side Interior.

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD
This is the precise location. Hope this helps.

IMG_1337.jpeg

IMG_1336.jpeg
Yes thank you for the pics. That’s the exact area and it stopped with cloth so I’ll be looking for something to put there permanent. Glad I could sort that out.
Sponsored

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
TFL guys found a rattle with the tailgate cable. 🤷‍♂️
Can you link the video? I’ve got a rattle on my pssangers side I’m trying to find. It’s only on the interstate or speeds of 50mph +

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
Can you link the video? I’ve got a rattle on my pssangers side I’m trying to find. It’s only on the interstate or speeds of 50mph +
I cannot find it. But I remember...where the tailgate cable connects to the bed, there was some space for the cable to rattle. They put in some rubber of something to remove the space and the rattle was gone.

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
TFL was specifically hearing a bed rattle when someone would shut the passenger door.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
Both rear wheel well liners are loose on my long bed. One of the push pins on the top isnt engaging in the hole. I'll investigate more and pick up some bigger push pins.

Sponsored

xraided

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 6MT TRD Sport/06 BSP Xrunner (RIP)
I get a door rattle when I play music above 35 =(

Cabby30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 DCLB TRD OR
I get a door rattle when I play music above 35 =(

I had this as well on my passenger side door.

Here was my working process:
1. I repeatably ran a low frequency sine sweep (via YouTube) in order to better locate the sound.
2. Once I determined the general location, I removed the door panel (also using a video from YouTube lol) & tightened all the fasteners in the area another ~quarter turn (these are self-threading into plastic so dont over-do it; I did notice that the were very low torque from the factory).
3. I also added additional electrical tape to cables in the area that looked like they could be loose or rattle.
4. Lastly, I added a foam shim between the door panel and the door body to eliminate the opportunity of the plastic bosses buzzing on the metal door (although this shouldn't occur if the fasteners are sufficiently torqued).

I'd say 95% of the buzzing went away although it pops up every now and then at a combination of volume & low frequency. Day to day though it is pretty much eliminated.

keonigt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Have you found out what the sound is coming from?
I found that my seat/lumbar support is very noisy when I turn or lean forward and backward.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover

does it sound like this
I get this same exact sounding rattle in my TRD Pro whenever I accelerate. I'm sure its also happening over bumps but its very reproducible even just by accelerating. I haven't tried the solution posted in this thread yet though. Have you guys found any other causes/fixes?
Sponsored