Sponsored

2025 Nissan Frontier

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
No fully digital dash or ventilated seats....

I will give them credit for improving the infotainment to modern times but still going to miss the mark for those who want the higher end trims.

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
It is a good looking truck for sure. I have owned several Nissan Z's in the past and loved them but the frontier was not even a consideration for me for a new vehicle. Nissan seems behind the times.

dvrgz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Long Bed
Pass. Respectfully.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Problem will remain as it did in 2024. All the midsize trucks are very proud of their trucks and price accordingly. For people that do not keep their cars/trucks forever (like us) the resale value is a big part of the purchase decision. None of the other companies besides Toyota hold their value as well. So when comparing basically apples to apples between all these trucks then it comes down to price and resale. Toyota wins 10 out of 10.

Sponsored

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
If you want a truck to do truck things with... the Nissan is a good choice. It's capable.

Every truck is different, of course, but my father couldn't wait to trade his Frontier for a Tacoma, and he hasn't looked back. He had transmission issues. Then again, you hear of new 24 Tacos with similar issues. Luck of the draw, I guess.

Having said that, this looks to me like someone threw a bunch of black plastic bits at the exterior of a Ridgeline, and some of them stuck. It screams cheap to me. Except the seats. I like the seats a lot.

And that's the beauty of automobiles! Everyone has different tastes, and there are unlimited choices to suit!

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Nice update. All the haters will be running out to purchase it I'm sure.

OP
OP

James54

First Name
Smith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camrrrrrrry
I still prefer the Tacoma and wouldn't get the nissan, but Toyota sucks with customization and packages.

I know leather seats falls under subjectivity, but f Toyota for charging a 8500 premium package as the only way to get leather seats on their popular models of the sport/off-road.

Sponsored
OP
OP

James54

First Name
Smith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camrrrrrrry
If you want a truck to do truck things with... the Nissan is a good choice. It's capable.

Every truck is different, of course, but my father couldn't wait to trade his Frontier for a Tacoma, and he hasn't looked back. He had transmission issues. Then again, you hear of new 24 Tacos with similar issues. Luck of the draw, I guess.

Having said that, this looks to me like someone threw a bunch of black plastic bits at the exterior of a Ridgeline, and some of them stuck. It screams cheap to me. Except the seats. I like the seats a lot.

And that's the beauty of automobiles! Everyone has different tastes, and there are unlimited choices to suit!

Agreed, outside of the screen and vents that have a good design, the buttons underneath look straight from 2010/2015.

While it's functional, there is no flow with the design on the interior cab imo, really just an after thought.

Even the steering wheel on the Nissan looks outdated imo.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
if I was younger and wanted a 5’ bed maybe a Nissan.

halo gen 4 taco is going to smash the segment. And my wallet. But whatever. Probably my last truck purchase before switching to a 4R or a R1S Rivian

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Problem will remain as it did in 2024. All the midsize trucks are very proud of their trucks and price accordingly. For people that do not keep their cars/trucks forever (like us) the resale value is a big part of the purchase decision. None of the other companies besides Toyota hold their value as well. So when comparing basically apples to apples between all these trucks then it comes down to price and resale. Toyota wins 10 out of 10.
I can certainly get liking a different truck. There isn’t a bad choice. But in this market it seems Toyota remains the default choice & holding value that well means a lot even if you do plan to keep it forever.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
I can certainly get liking a different truck. There isn’t a bad choice. But in this market it seems Toyota remains the default choice & holding value that well means a lot even if you do plan to keep it forever.
I was just a shopper with no allegiance. The Ranger, Colorado, Canyon all had their positives and negatives and all good in their own right. When we started comparing apples to apples on options, started negotiating the bottom line price the resale of the Toyota was a huge decision maker for us. We don’t keep cars longer than 4 yrs.

Reactions: MJE

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
if I was younger and wanted a 5’ bed maybe a Nissan.

halo gen 4 taco is going to smash the segment. And my wallet. But whatever. Probably my last truck purchase before switching to a 4R or a R1S Rivian
The Nissan is about the only competition that offers a 6’ bed and it says it will be more widely available. I also like the analog gages and that they haven’t gone full digital.
A truck I’d consider if I wasn’t sold on the Tacoma.
Sponsored