Got the truck back with 2nd new transmission replacement

TopGunDeMamp

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
One thing that does scare me. Is if this system for the shocks is faulty. Which it looks to be not the ideal setup. Now when I put on 35’s and wheels and put a spacer lift on. Then this thing explodes and I lose my shocks somehow. I know damn well they gona blame it on the modifications mentioned above and imma have to eat that. They could def make a case where the tires and the lift etc impacted the suspension abd that’s why it failed. I’m scared to do the exact things like mods and off road that I bought the truck for in the first place.
It is definitely something we have to be careful of cause with all these issues they’re starting to have, I’m sure they’ll be quick to point the finger at the consumer. I already got new tires, wheels, and a lift so for the time being they’ll just have to be for looks. That is until the trucks prove to be more durable than what some issues people have been having

TopGunDeMamp

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I have this exactly right now, very badly too.
I would take yours in as soon as you can then. It’s probably the transmission too.

I just talked to a buddy at the gym who sells tools to mechanics at the dealers and tacomas with issues like ours are starting to pack up at them with no replacement parts in site.

OP
OP

fightforfood247

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd off road
I have this exactly right now, very badly too.
Yes brotha. It’s not getting better. It’s going to fail if it’s jolting. My lasted like a week doing the jolts. You don’t want to be stuck somewhere. Best take it in

Sponsored

OP
OP

fightforfood247

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd off road
Yes - I couldn't afford a crazy markup on such an expensive truck. lol
So I think a lot of people that have Tacomas and have lasted this long, I believe their transmission will fail eventually. Just quote me for down the road. I’d I’m wrong I’ll be like yea I’m dumb. But I have a feeelllinng. But that’s that. Your pro what color you end up getting? You don’t wanna wait for the mud bath? Or whatever that ones called

Plumbers 1st Taco

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 double cab
Put into drive and rpms went up to 4000 barely was able to move did this a few times. Since then trans has up and down shifted harshly and clunks into drive. Mine has been at the dealer since Wednesday. Same code was found. They said they checked the fluid and contacted tech services. Unable to duplicate concern I was told. It literally happens every time you drive it. Told them to drive a new one and compare.Not sure where this is headed. 2800 miles

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
So I think a lot of people that have Tacomas and have lasted this long, I believe their transmission will fail eventually. Just quote me for down the road. I’d I’m wrong I’ll be like yea I’m dumb. But I have a feeelllinng. But that’s that.
You might be right on that man. But if they are all on their way out Toyota will have to do some massive recall like they are doing for the Tundra. In the long run we would all be better off with this bs behind us.
Your pro what color you end up getting? You don’t wanna wait for the mud bath? Or whatever that ones called
No - my truck is Terra. I had an old Supra in almost the same color, so it was love at first sight with Terra. Not a fan of mud bath, but that's just me.

OP
OP

fightforfood247

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd off road
You might be right on that man. But if they are all on their way out Toyota will have to do some massive recall like they are doing for the Tundra. In the long run we would all be better off with this bs behind us.

No - my truck is Terra. I had an old Supra in almost the same color, so it was love at first sight with Terra. Not a fan of mud bath, but that's just me.
Honestly the terra is really sick. I like that color a lot. Things will pan out

Sponsored

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
I didn’t think I would, having heard Toyota’s reputation, but I may have to purchase extended warranty for this, my first Toyota.
Toyota fan’s always knocked the domestic brands (and likely had reason to in the past) but reading these issues sure brings Toyota down to earth for me.
I’ve had GM trucks with 180k miles even 250k miles on them with no major issues.

Last edited:

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I’ve had GM trucks with 180k miles even 250k miles on them with no major issues.
The same is normal for Toyotas. These transmission problems are not typical and I think they will be sorted out before the factory warranty expires.

I have never had an extended warranty on any of the many Toyotas I have owned, and I have never regretted not having one.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
The same is normal for Toyotas. These transmission problems are not typical and I think they will be sorted out before the factory warranty expires.

I have never had an extended warranty on any of the many Toyotas I have owned, and I have never regretted not having one.
It most certainly will be sorted out soon, their reputation is on the line, I’m betting within a week or 2 at the most there will be a recall or tsb

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
It most certainly will be sorted out soon, their reputation is on the line, I’m betting within a week or 2 at the most there will be a recall or tsb
I sure hope so. This stuff makes owners and soon to be owners nervous while we wait for some explanation. If it is the torque converter does that mean they will be replacing just those, or entire transmissions? A tsb or recall would make a lot people feel better.

When Hyundai had a lot of failing DCTs they eventually figured out the cause, recalled the vehicles affected and had a way to test them. That got the problem ones fixed and made everyone else feel whole lot better.

I also think it would help with buyers still deciding on a Tacoma. It has to be holding back sales, particularly for buyers new to Toyota.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I sure hope so. This stuff makes owners and soon to be owners nervous while we wait for some explanation. If it is the torque converter does that mean they will be replacing just those, or entire transmissions? A tsb or recall would make a lot people feel better.

When Hyundai had a lot of failing DCTs they eventually figured out the cause, recalled the vehicles affected and had a way to test them. That got the problem ones fixed and made everyone else feel whole lot better.

I also think it would help with buyers still deciding on a Tacoma. It has to be holding back sales, particularly for buyers new to Toyota.
A tech a spoke too thinks Toyota gonna have dealers replace the torque converter and flush the transmission cooling lines. Just speculation so I guess we’ll see. They really need to give us an answer soon. I thought about calling Toyota corporate and voicing my concern on behalf of all of us. So far my transmission has been fine though. I wonder if we all started calling corporate if that would escalate things faster
Sponsored