Sponsored

Taconatron

First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
So the last tank was ECO the entire tank. Same mixed driving to include 80 MPH on the interstate. Otherwise drove as about as gingerly as I could without being a safety hazard like the 80 yr olds. Also added a bed cover so not sure if that really made the diff instead of ECO mode. Next tank will be back to normal with the bed cover. This tank was 20.9 MPG

All with the same gas station 87 octane
  1. First few tanks; Normal mode low was 18.4 and high was 19.1
  2. Last tank; ECO mode the entire tank plus bedcover = 20.9 MPG
  3. Next tank: Normal Mode with bed cover.
I think the folks getting north of 21 are just hyper milers, people that use 1 tank a month and going to just get groceries and zero interstate or lastly just don't know how to calculate MPG the correct way. There is no way these are getting 25 MPG in normal driving conditions. Lastly I don't really care as I bought a truck and not an EPA machine so I know I would get less than stated.
Idk man. I could have got 23+ had I not used cruise, the AC and gone the speed limit to Dallas.
Sponsored

Taconatron

First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
What are you using for a ramp? Readyramps are sold out for a long time, and I need to haul and load an almost identically sized bike.
I didn’t. Had Harley help load and used my dad’s to unload.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Idk man. I could have got 23+ had I not used cruise, the AC and gone the speed limit to Dallas.
I use cruise all the time even around town. I think the hyper mile guys also probably don't use the AC and just run the vent. I use the AC set to 72.

NoNo

First Name
MrNo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Funny, it's hard for me to do anything less than 22mpg, and it's in the 90's here so I'm running AC constantly. Only way I can really average less is 100% stop and go between lights, or getting into boost every time I hit the gas. I averaged over 22mpg for a full tank, and that included 1 full hour of idling and some off-roading in 4wd! I'll it admit it takes some effort to get 30mpg+. As I said in previous posts, I'm still under 1K, so I've driven only a little bit in the 70+ range, and nothing in the 80mph range.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I did Calgary to sicamous bc through the mountains on the weekend and averaged 10 l/100 kms or roughly 24 MPG and that was with the truck packed to the nuts with golf and boat stuff. I bet it could do better minus the gear but basically the factory stated fuel economy ratings.

I was impressed. That was in normal mode all the way.

Sponsored

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
I came home through the Columbia River Gorge yesterday. Very strong headwind the whole time. Going 75 mph. 100 degrees, so the AC was on. Got 13.7 mpg for that tank. Can’t imagine how bad it would have been if I were pulling a trailer.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Seems generally the Canadians are getting better mileage, but I think that's because most of our highways are 100km/h or maybe 110km/h which is much closer to what the EPA uses for mileage ratings (IIRC they do a few stints accelerating up to 55mph). Not many people ripping across country at 80mph like on the US freeways.

Doctor Dirt

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma i-force Max offroad premium
2024 Tacoma off-road premium hybrid. In Arizona. This morning it was 90, set to ECO, windows down. Drove to park mostly downhill. It said 40.3 mpg. Drove home a/c on mostly uphill. Trip said 15.4 mpg. 27.85mpg? I was driving like an old lady too.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Seems generally the Canadians are getting better mileage, but I think that's because most of our highways are 100km/h or maybe 110km/h which is much closer to what the EPA uses for mileage ratings (IIRC they do a few stints accelerating up to 55mph). Not many people ripping across country at 80mph like on the US freeways.
I have found from all of the highway driving I have been doing that above 105 kph (65 MPH) there’s a big drop in fuel economy.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Pennsylvania to Montana 2350 miles 21 mpg, first tank for break in took it real easy 25.14. Reset the trip meter, now at 3700 miles getting 22 mpg hand calculated. The computer is usually .2-.4 lower.

Sponsored

mrgooden

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I never get less than 26 MPG during daily commutes. So 26 to 32,depending on stop lights really. They can eat up some mileage.

Richard

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
I keep mine around 65, low fan. My record is 32.2.

Richard
You are not calculating your MPG properly. There is ZERO chance you are getting 32.2 on a tank of gas. You are looking at your display at one single point of time. I can get 40 coasting downhill, truck in neutral.

Reset your trip odometer to 0. Fill up your tank and stop filling it after first click. Then go drive for that entire tank. Go fill up again to the first click. Take your trip odometer reading and divide by the number of gallons you put in to the .00. Then report back. I promise you that you are not getting anywhere close to 32.
Sponsored