Describe your transmission behavior.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
With talk of these failed automatic transmissions and much confusion amongst the internet im really curious to hear how everyone’s transmission behaves. Describe your expierence, are your shifts always really smooth, are they always really hard, sometimes hard shifting, do you find the transmission to occasionally be clunky? If you have had your transmission fail please give detailed information on the symptoms leading up to the failure and the failure itself. Mileage and manufacturing date would be helpful as well to gaining a better understanding of what’s going on. I’ll start by saying my truck was built March of 2024, after 650 miles I have most of the time gotten a 1-2 “hard” shift first thing in the morning, and occasionally a rougher shift here and there while driving, most of the time the trans is smooth but in traffic I do find it to be occasionally a little “clunky” . Thanks for those who respond and participate
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
So far, no problems.. but I only have 1500 miles in it.
Could you please describe the shifting, month of manufacturing etc. honestly trying to gather some data and put it together

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Could you please describe the shifting, month of manufacturing etc. honestly trying to gather some data and put it together
I drive in eco mode, manual control of the automatic transmission-used to it from driving two prior 2.7 liter 3g Tacoma trucks
I haven’t made any wide open throttle passes yet.m, as I am concerned of a potential torque converter issue. Made in 07/24.
Shifting has been smooth on both manual mode or “”drive” mode. I haven’t had anything weird happen…

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I drive in eco mode, manual control of the automatic transmission-used to it from driving two prior 2.7 liter 3g Tacoma trucks
I haven’t made any wide open throttle passes yet.m, as I am concerned of a potential torque converter issue. Made in 07/24.
Shifting has been smooth on both manual mode or “”drive” mode. I haven’t had anything weird happen…
Good to know thanks

Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
May 24 build, 5300 miles had a couple hard shifts early on. Didn’t think much of it. My 2013 Tundra would throw a hard shift in once in awhile as well.

Smooth as butter after about 2500 miles.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
May 24 build, 5300 miles had a couple hard shifts early on. Didn’t think much of it. My 2013 Tundra would throw a hard shift in once in awhile as well.

Smooth as butter after about 2500 miles.
Awesome thanks for the feedback

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
In the morning she is a little cranky and needs to wake up. But after some coffee and a cinnamon roll she starts purring. However if I forget to pick up something on the way home she really gets angry. Other than that very well behaved.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
I’m coming up on 12,000 miles in about 5 months of ownership and have no real issues. I have started letting it warm up in the morning because it can have a rough shift when first driving it cold. I’m loving the truck and look forward to some upgrades eventually.

Sponsored

4thGenOffRd

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road
My transmission runs smooth. I have been towing a 16ft 3000lb camper trailer over the Sierra passes about 3 times from the west side to the east side with no problems. I have also been enjoying the toy/haul mode when going uphill and downhill. The transmission gives great torque on the ascents and automatically adjusts the gearing for the descent which saves my brakes. It’s an awesome and enjoyable experience

fightforfood247

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd off road
With talk of these failed automatic transmissions and much confusion amongst the internet im really curious to hear how everyone’s transmission behaves. Describe your expierence, are your shifts always really smooth, are they always really hard, sometimes hard shifting, do you find the transmission to occasionally be clunky? If you have had your transmission fail please give detailed information on the symptoms leading up to the failure and the failure itself. Mileage and manufacturing date would be helpful as well to gaining a better understanding of what’s going on. I’ll start by saying my truck was built March of 2024, after 650 miles I have most of the time gotten a 1-2 “hard” shift first thing in the morning, and occasionally a rougher shift here and there while driving, most of the time the trans is smooth but in traffic I do find it to be occasionally a little “clunky” . Thanks for those who respond and participate
Mine failed
Sponsored