Sponsored

Fireguy67

First Name
Klaus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyta Tacoma Sport Premium 6’ bed
I wouldn’t think so. Mine falls within the range. And the trucks are built in either of the two plants that are affected -somehow I don’t think Canadians could be so lucky! I’m just about to call the dealer to find out anyways.
So I had a word with my dealer. Drive it until something goes wrong is what I was told. I was also told that if your Vin number falls within the parameter of those listed, it does not necessarily mean you’re going to have a problem. Not exactly comforting. There will be various indicators to tell you something has gone south. According to the service manager at my dealership, the most likely thing will be that the transmission goes into “limp” mode. You could still drive it, but you be topping out at about 30 or 40 mph. ( some of you reading this may already have experienced it. )You will get a “service engine “ indicators on your screen. Into the dealer and then it becomes a waiting game. No indication for a timeline on a new transmission up here. You spend all this money and the money on an extended warranty and my dealership can’t even guarantee me a loaner if something happens. Thankfully, I’m not planning any big excursions so I’ll drive it till it craps out. Again, some of you reading this may already know some of these things, but I thought I would post it anyways. Good luck.

jdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Is this another transmission TSB?
Thanks for posting different manual tranny TSB.
I wonder why Toyota includes manual trannys in this one though [3TYLE]... anyone got insights?

Wonder if they just want me paying that much attention when I drive my manual tranny, that they just double-whammy it on an auto TSB for good measure... 🙃

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
So I had a word with my dealer. Drive it until something goes wrong is what I was told. I was also told that if your Vin number falls within the parameter of those listed, it does not necessarily mean you’re going to have a problem. Not exactly comforting. There will be various indicators to tell you something has gone south. According to the service manager at my dealership, the most likely thing will be that the transmission goes into “limp” mode. You could still drive it, but you be topping out at about 30 or 40 mph. ( some of you reading this may already have experienced it. )You will get a “service engine “ indicators on your screen. Into the dealer and then it becomes a waiting game. No indication for a timeline on a new transmission up here. You spend all this money and the money on an extended warranty and my dealership can’t even guarantee me a loaner if something happens. Thankfully, I’m not planning any big excursions so I’ll drive it till it craps out. Again, some of you reading this may already know some of these things, but I thought I would post it anyways. Good luck.
Yea but is there a Canadian TSB out yet? I do not automatically assume cause you’re in the range by VIN it’s in there.

Sponsored

TRDOR

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD-OffRoad
3TYLB5JN8RT038105

Am i in TSB?

Fireguy67

First Name
Klaus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyta Tacoma Sport Premium 6’ bed
Yea but is there a Canadian TSB out yet? I do not automatically assume cause you’re in the range by VIN it’s in there.
According to my Canadian dealer, we are included in the original TSB. Apparently no separate Canadian TSB at this time. Just going by what I was told.

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Holy shit, the sky is falling!!!!!. Never seen so many people with "Chicken Little Syndrome". I am in the TSB group but not freaking out. I have 11K and truck has been flawless in every way. Almost every vehicle has TSBs at some point. It just tells the service people how to fix. Everyone relax, Damn!

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
VIN’s with some manufacturers do not necessarily mean they were built in sequence. For example, Canadian trucks could get assigned a bunch of VINs that are earlier numbered VINs but the production run happens after a run of US/Mexico bound trucks.

I do not know if that’s how it works but be good to see a Canadian TSB.
I hear you what you are saying - but I HIGHLY doubt it.

Sponsored

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
If it's a warranty repair or diagnosis that takes longer than a day they will provide a loaner or reimburse you for one. It's part of the transportation assistance program. Unless you're in Canada, then I don't know what happens.

But I would say, until it's an issue no need to get bothered by what a dealer says. It sucks, but it is what it is.

https://support.toyota.com/s/article/If-my-vehicle-require-7653?language=en_US

TacoMagic

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
Because people are lazy. It has to be the laziest society in the world. It LITERALLY tells you step by step how to figure it out and takes 2 minutes. If one can’t figure this out they should be turning in their keys and drivers license because they should not be on the road. Oh and I figured mine out all on my own and I am NOT in the affected group.
Yeah, it’s two steps. Lmao

Dagr Wolff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off-Road Tacoma
Holy shit, the sky is falling!!!!!. Never seen so many people with "Chicken Little Syndrome". I am in the TSB group but not freaking out. I have 11K and truck has been flawless in every way. Almost every vehicle has TSBs at some point. It just tells the service people how to fix. Everyone relax, Damn!
Yeah I had a RAV4 for 6 years and a folder full of Service Bulletins, probably 6-7. Never had any of the issues mentioned. Traded it in for the Tacoma.

Dagr Wolff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off-Road Tacoma
This is really disheartening to all of us affected, we’re supposed to wait and see if we get stranded and then Toyota will help us? What about the trucks that potentially make it to 60k miles or 5 years and then the debris wipes out the trans? Common Toyota …..
What are people's thoughts on an early fluid change?
Sponsored