SmartCap EVO Bed Cap installed on 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road

Taco4GinTN

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Looks good! Did you DIY install? If so, any advice / recommendations?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Looks good! Did you DIY install? If so, any advice / recommendations?
Self-install, yup!

Only advice is to take it slow, avoid having to loosen anything back up after tightening and make sure you don't over tighten anything...use appropriate torque!

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Beautiful. Before adding the tent, did you notice a difference in the drive? (Weight, lag, etc.) I get mine installed next Thursday. 6’ EVOa
I don't think it felt any different, just harder to see in the rear view mirror. 😃

Sponsored

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
If so, any advice / recommendations?
Smartcap is very specific about the torque specs. My old Harbor Freight torque wrench was not capable of the required specs.

I bought this torque wrench from the Amazon Jungle and can recommend it: "LLavator 3/8 inch Click Torque Wrench,3.69-44.25ft.lb & 5-60N.m dual scale Torque Wrench" (This forum won't allow the link.) $30 vs. a lot more for most others.

2024 Tacoma SmartCap EVO Bed Cap installed on 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 5rLmSxi

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed
Smartcap is very specific about the torque specs. My old Harbor Freight torque wrench was not capable of the required specs.

I bought this torque wrench from the Amazon Jungle and can recommend it: "LLavator 3/8 inch Click Torque Wrench,3.69-44.25ft.lb & 5-60N.m dual scale Torque Wrench" (This forum won't allow the link.) $30 vs. a lot more for most others.
I put mine together yesterday. Picked up a 20-200 inch-pound torque wrench from O'Reily's Auto Parts because my existing in-lb wrench didn't go low enough. (Am now the proud owner of 5 torque wrenches).

Today's tasks are to get the gasket on and mount it on the truck.
Unfortunately, they were out of wiring harnesses, so I have to wait to hook up the top brake light.

2024 Tacoma SmartCap EVO Bed Cap installed on 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road IMG_6386.JPG

Sponsored

Airborne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4runner
Looks great, but you lost me at pop up tent on rooftop, lol id be afraid id roll off while sleeping and break my neck…but it works for others im sure, my ass moves around to much sleeping…id roll out the window i know i would..nice truck
Sponsored