Door switch location?

Frog Mack

First Name
Frog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD, 14 FJC
Does anyone know where the driver's door switch is located?

I've always tapped into the door switch, and bypassed with a toggle switch inside the B-pillar trim, which has been a quick & easy fix. All quick glances haven't revealed to me where the switch is located.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Frog Mack

Frog Mack

First Name
Frog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD, 14 FJC
Why? you ask, would someone want to bypass the door switch?

Older Tacoma versions with key - Turn off engine, but leave in Acc position, open the door, get out, radio keeps playing, and no annoying Beep Beep Beep (when door switch is de-activated).

Older Tacoma versions with keyless - Stop vehicle, shift to Neutral, shut off truck, shift to park, radio keeps playing even after opening the door, and no annoying Beep Beep Beep (when door switch has been de-activated).

New 2024 - keyless - when truck is turned off, radio stays on until door is opened (yet instrument panel is dead). I want to open my door, keep radio on. Or even stop the truck, without killing it, get out, walk 10 feet away, get back in and continue, without hearing BEEP.

OP
OP
Frog Mack

Frog Mack

First Name
Frog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD, 14 FJC
Good luck. I'm sure that's all software related stuff.
That's the beauty of clipping a single wire (and inserting a switch). The computer doesn't know you opened your door.

My job is unusual in that I might stop and get out of my truck 50-60 times a day, so if I close my door each time I get out, that's 100-120 door opening and closings per day instead of 50-60. So, unless it's raining, I leave my door opened while I am out.

Also, shifting into park each time I get out is 100-120 shifts per day, as opposed to simply shifting into N while I am out, then back to D and go, or into R, turn around, then D and go. I've been doing this for 38 years, I have learned the ins and outs.

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Does anyone know where the driver's door switch is located?

I've always tapped into the door switch, and bypassed with a toggle switch inside the B-pillar trim, which has been a quick & easy fix. All quick glances haven't revealed to me where the switch is located.
It’s likely all part of the latch assembly now.

Sponsored

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
I have about concluded that myself, with no schematic to look at. A tad more complicated.
Here's the schematic you are looking for - I don't think what you are trying to do is as simple as you think on a modern vehicle - enjoy! :)
Sponsored

Attachments