Sponsored

Pretty sure my transmission is on its way out.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Well that sucks.
You almost wonder how many Toyota ass kissers won’t admit to issues there having because they don’t want to talk bad about the truck. I’m a huge Toyota fan and always will be and swear by their products but when they mess up I’m calling them out on it. They will make it right eventually but I’m not cutting them any breaks

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
You almost wonder how many Toyota ass kissers won’t admit to issues there having because they don’t want to talk bad about the truck. I’m a huge Toyota fan and always will be and swear by their products but when they mess up I’m calling them out on it. They will make it right eventually but I’m not cutting them any breaks
I’m not giving anyone any breaks. But so far nothing else has happened with my transmission. If it gets worse I’ll address it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I’m not giving anyone any breaks. But so far nothing else has happened with my transmission. If it gets worse I’ll address it.
Yeah just see how it goes maybe the vibration is a separate issue, we’re all in the dark until Toyota starts talking . Really curious what the dealer and Toyota are gonna do for me

-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2024 Nissan Z
The only thing I've really noticed on mine is it's sluggish to shift into 8th. You gotta be driving pretty quick for it to engage, definitely faster than our limits around here. I find anything cruising under 94kmh/58mph it doesn't always want to click down into 8th, you kinda gotta feather the throttle up and down a little. But if I speed up past that, then slowly let off it'll engage, no noises or anything strange. Shifts into 8th eventually like butter. Maybe it's by design to keep the engine from lugging?

Other than that. A few slightly more firm shifts into 1-2 when first cold, but other than that nothing really out of the ordinary that I've felt.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@-Strike- I don't know if have ever driven a 3rd gen Taco but they often seemed to often be in too high of a gear, which made them sluggish, even with the V6. I am guessing that Toyota worked hard to find a balance between lugging and wasting gas in lower gears with this powertrain.

They have done an excellent job IMO, with smooth, quick shifts and always keeping the revs in a good place. My truck shifts like butter too, which is why I am sure that something is wrong with @Gfenza89's transmission.
Sponsored