ARB Compressor Mounts

Romer

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road & 2014 Land Cruiser
I have been rfesearching ARB Compressor mounts. I know I have the option to buy a portable compressor, this thread is about mounts. I thought about the dual ARB with Tank in a case, but that takes up space although more mobile. I don't really need the mobility since I have a dual ARB in the Land Cruiser.

So thinking a single ARB or Dual ARB.
There is a member on this forum who 3D printed a single ARB mount bracket that goes in the small empty space. That is really cool and innovative. I am surprised no vender has developed a bracket for that open space in the driver front engine bay. Maybe some are coming.
https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/thre...ing-custom-bracket-3d-print-file-inside.6050/

There is this company that has a Dual ARB mount in the engine bay, but you have to move the ECU and am concerned that would void the warranty besides concerns about changing the dynamics it wwas tested to. Anyone try this? Comments on warranty or modifications? I think what they did looks well designed.

Then there are several that mount it above the spare tire bracket. That would leave it exposed to the elements. Is that something I should worry about
https://sdhqoffroad.com/products/sd...EIfokp7iBL9JG6T37naqYidOrmvUgRvAzNajdMB61QLLi

or I wait and see what else comes about

Anyone see other mounts or have comments on these?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Romer

Romer

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m the guy that developed the 3D printed mount. It’s still doing fine with 3700 miles on it and a fair amount of that is on rough washboard roads.

I’m pleased with it.
You did a real nice job on that. Thankss for sharing it

PotatoTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd pro
I mounted my arb twin In the bed similar to the trailhunter. I mounted with the filters facing upward in hopes of cleaner air, but I only anticipate using it while parked so it shouldn’t be an issue.
2024 Tacoma ARB Compressor Mounts IMG_9039
2024 Tacoma ARB Compressor Mounts IMG_9015

OP
OP
Romer

Romer

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty cool. How easy is it to get the panels off to mount the compressor

Sponsored

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
I mounted my arb twin In the bed similar to the trailhunter. I mounted with the filters facing upward in hopes of cleaner air, but I only anticipate using it while parked so it shouldn’t be an issue.
IMG_9039.jpeg
IMG_9015.jpeg
Can you give some more info on this install? I'm thinking this will be my preferred solution. Is it on the rear aux switch? How did you power the unit? Long connection straight to the battery? Is that a specific mounting plate?

PotatoTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd pro
Pretty cool. How easy is it to get the panels off to mount the compressor
The only panel I had to remove was the accessory 12v power panel. Other than that I just lifted it up to the bedside the the opening I think if you have the factory exhaust it might be tricky to get it in there, but I have the trailhunter tailpipe.

PotatoTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd pro
Can you give some more info on this install? I'm thinking this will be my preferred solution. Is it on the rear aux switch? How did you power the unit? Long connection straight to the battery? Is that a specific mounting plate?
The rear aux switch has no where near enough power for the dual compressor, the rear aux is for 20amp and the dual compressor needs around 80amps (40 for each compressor). I have the hybrid so my run for wiring was only to the rear seat area and I had to extend the arb power harness like a foot or so. As for the bracket I found it on a bronco site, it’s for mounting a dual compressor to a molle panel but it worked perfect for my application. I don’t think the bracket is 100% needed but it added a little piece of mind for me. It also served as a template for drilling holes in the bedside.

OP
OP
Romer

Romer

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided to go with a single ARB Compressor in the engine bay and looking at using the 3D printed mount. I have had ARB compressors in my truck engine bays for over 20 years and never had an issue. My current Land Cruiser ARB Twin Compressor has been in use for 9 years. I would think this engine bay will run cooler than the big V8 in my Land Cruiser.

Since the Tacoma is predominatly my daily driver (Land Cruiser Primary wheeler), I decided twice the time to air up vs the Twin was acceptable for the couple times a year I take it wheeling. I also understand it is 50% duty cycle vs the Twin being 100%. Not an issue for airing my tires, but means I can't fill up a bunch of other trucks at the same time.

I like that it doesn't impact any existing engine components. I also like having a compressor around town and have used it a few times to help family and friends with low tires.

I made this decision last night and the compressor came today (love Amazon) and it fits in this space with plenty of room.
2024 Tacoma ARB Compressor Mounts 1728848927128-2n

I was uncomfortable moving the ECU to fit the twin and the non Hybrid engine bay has plenty of space for the ARB single.

Some great ideas here and it is my personal preference to have it in the engine bay that drove this decision.

If this was my only rig or my primary wheeler, I likely would have gone with the ARB Twin

I am willing to bet as time goes on there will be more and more options for compressors and mounts in these trucks
Sponsored