Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
What kind of differences? Or do you mean differences are more stark? Also does it ride better weighed down?
I mean..it definitely doesn’t feel bouncy with a bit of weight in the back. More grounded, handles & tracks great under load. Looking forward to some long climbs see how that hybrid powertrain performs loaded down w/gear…
Sponsored

Last edited:

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
So all of what I have said still applies and I still love this truck.

But I just read the new transmission TSB and my beautiful Pro now falls within the Transmission failure VIN range.

Maybe I love it just a little bit less!
Mine too.. by a handful of trucks … sigh. Aug 6 build. It’s frustrating. When I come to a stop I feel a super micro jolt/shudder in the driveline. Otherwise runs perfect. But not sure if it’s a sign of future trans death. I got the 125k mile warranty so I should be ok but I drive 300+ miles to my ranch sometimes and now I’m nervous

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I really like both halo models and I prefer the interior treatment a bit more in the Trailhunter. I particularly like the seats and the material they use where my Pro has the fake carbon fiber. The T'H has some nice interior colors as well.

Both are great trucks and they compare very well, even with premium cars like an E550.
Yeah my wife loves the inside she was shocked it’s a Tacoma !

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Mine too.. by a handful of trucks … sigh. Aug 6 build. It’s frustrating. When I come to a stop I feel a super micro jolt/shudder in the driveline. Otherwise runs perfect. But not sure if it’s a sign of future trans death. I got the 125k mile warranty so I should be ok but I drive 300+ miles to my ranch sometimes and now I’m nervous
I don't think the TSB is done growing, and it will keep expanding as Toyota learns more. At least now we don't have to wonder if our trucks will be affected. lol My truck seems fine, but I only have 500 miles on it so far, so that could change. Some owners in the first VIN range have rough shifts and other strange transmission behavior, but no codes and they are obviously worried.

I think we will all be OK in the long run but that lack of trust is tough, particularly in a Toyota product. I plan to check my truck for the codes with my OBD2 reader occasionally to see if it is starting and until something shows up I guess I will just drive it and hope!

I also plan to clarify our towing coverage with Toyota and make sure my dealer will provide a loaner if it dies. Getting my head around a new Toyota truck that can't be fully trusted is not easy to do.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I don't think the TSB is done growing, and it will keep expanding as Toyota learns more. At least now we don't have to wonder if our trucks will be affected. lol My truck seems fine, but I only have 500 miles on it so far, so that could change. Some owners in the first VIN range have rough shifts and other strange transmission behavior, but no codes and they are obviously worried.

I think we will all be OK in the long run but that lack of trust is tough, particularly in a Toyota product. I plan to check my truck for the codes with my OBD2 reader occasionally to see if it is starting and until something shows up I guess I will just drive it and hope!

I also plan to clarify our towing coverage with Toyota and make sure my dealer will provide a loaner if it dies. Getting my head around a new Toyota truck that can't be fully trusted is not easy to do.
Which OBD2 tool?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Which OBD2 tool?
I bought a Carista Evo, mainly to change the things that I would have taken it to the dealer to get changed. Now as a bonus I can check on the health of my truck whenever I want to.

BTW I am in a similar situation with travel. I sold my toy car this spring and my wife bought a battery electric SUV. So the Taco is going to be our road trip machine, and hopefully that means round trips!
Sponsored