Sponsored

285/70/18 with stock rims?

CheesyTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Hi! I am looking to keep my Sport 18 inch OEM rims as I rather like them and the factory look. I am not looking to go crazy but leaning toward 285/70/18. Will I run into any issue? I checked out the main thread but the Sports I have come across have changed to aftermarket rims and most have gone to 17’s.
Thanks!
Sponsored

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
285/70r18 on stock sport rims - I added 1" spacer (not necessary) wanted the tires to sit flush with the flares

2024 Tacoma 285/70/18 with stock rims? IMG_0381
2024 Tacoma 285/70/18 with stock rims? IMG_0520

Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
285/70r18 on stock sport rims - I added 1" spacer (not necessary) wanted the tires to sit flush with the flares

IMG_0381.jpg
IMG_0520.jpg
Are those really 285/70/18? They are true 34s. Probably my favorite new tire out there. They just weigh a ton! How does it drive? Braking, sound, power loss, MPG… if it’s not bad I may get them. These are the C loads right? How’s the ride comfort (I ask because you’ve got the Duraspec sidewalls and I’m wondering if they are still more comfy than a more rigid E load).

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Are those really 285/70/18? They are true 34s. Probably my favorite new tire out there. They just weigh a ton! How does it drive? Braking, sound, power loss, MPG… if it’s not bad I may get them. These are the C loads right? How’s the ride comfort (I ask because you’ve got the Duraspec sidewalls and I’m wondering if they are still more comfy than a more rigid E load).
2024 Tacoma 285/70/18 with stock rims? IMG_0522

A true 11.5x 34.. C load
I can't say enough good things about them- VERY quiet, rides really well, smooth! Took minimal weight to balance as well
Very little impact on accelerating and braking -MPG is down about 2 MPG

Like I said, I did 1" spacers to run flush, but also to give some space for top UCA. I did have to take out the crash bar as they just barely touched

I also have a Rough Country leveling struts to make it sit level, just as a FYI

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
IMG_0522.jpg

A true 11.5x 34.. C load
I can't say enough good things about them- VERY quiet, rides really well, smooth! Took minimal weight to balance as well
Very little impact on accelerating and braking -MPG is down about 2 MPG

Like I said, I did 1" spacers to run flush, but also to give some space for top UCA. I did have to take out the crash bar as they just barely touched

I also have a Rough Country leveling struts to make it sit level, just as a FYI
I’m wondering if it fits on the Trailhunter with the extra lift and offset without removing the crash pad. I just love those tires.

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
My guess would be yes. I bought my tires from Discount Tire. They mounted one up front and ensured they would work before mounted the other ones.

Sponsored
OP
OP

CheesyTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Looks good! Thanks for sharing. I booked my Discount Tire appointment for 11 today and putting on the KO3’s (285/70/18)

What spacers did you use?

Lets_Taco_Bout_It

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide Trailhunter
I saw it. Super confused. One guy has stock tires rubbing. Some guys have 295s that don’t rub. And you’re getting rub on 285. I can’t figure this out.
yeah idk wtf is going on.....would spacers help? I'm trying to figure out anything that would give me a little extra clearance. I think for me, the best choice is to go to those 275's

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
yeah idk wtf is going on.....would spacers help? I'm trying to figure out anything that would give me a little extra clearance. I think for me, the best choice is to go to those 275's
275 not a bad idea at all. It’s still bigger and it’s lighter too.

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Looks good! Thanks for sharing. I booked my Discount Tire appointment for 11 today and putting on the KO3’s (285/70/18)

What spacers did you use?
These off Amazon:

Spidertrax WHS034 Blue Wheel Spacer Kit
Sponsored