Sponsored

285/70/18 with stock rims?

CheesyTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Hi! I am looking to keep my Sport 18 inch OEM rims as I rather like them and the factory look. I am not looking to go crazy but leaning toward 285/70/18. Will I run into any issue? I checked out the main thread but the Sports I have come across have changed to aftermarket rims and most have gone to 17’s.
Thanks!
Sponsored

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
285/70r18 on stock sport rims - I added 1" spacer (not necessary) wanted the tires to sit flush with the flares

2024 Tacoma 285/70/18 with stock rims? IMG_0381
2024 Tacoma 285/70/18 with stock rims? IMG_0520

Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
285/70r18 on stock sport rims - I added 1" spacer (not necessary) wanted the tires to sit flush with the flares

IMG_0381.jpg
IMG_0520.jpg
Are those really 285/70/18? They are true 34s. Probably my favorite new tire out there. They just weigh a ton! How does it drive? Braking, sound, power loss, MPG… if it’s not bad I may get them. These are the C loads right? How’s the ride comfort (I ask because you’ve got the Duraspec sidewalls and I’m wondering if they are still more comfy than a more rigid E load).

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Are those really 285/70/18? They are true 34s. Probably my favorite new tire out there. They just weigh a ton! How does it drive? Braking, sound, power loss, MPG… if it’s not bad I may get them. These are the C loads right? How’s the ride comfort (I ask because you’ve got the Duraspec sidewalls and I’m wondering if they are still more comfy than a more rigid E load).
2024 Tacoma 285/70/18 with stock rims? IMG_0522

A true 11.5x 34.. C load
I can't say enough good things about them- VERY quiet, rides really well, smooth! Took minimal weight to balance as well
Very little impact on accelerating and braking -MPG is down about 2 MPG

Like I said, I did 1" spacers to run flush, but also to give some space for top UCA. I did have to take out the crash bar as they just barely touched

I also have a Rough Country leveling struts to make it sit level, just as a FYI

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
IMG_0522.jpg

A true 11.5x 34.. C load
I can't say enough good things about them- VERY quiet, rides really well, smooth! Took minimal weight to balance as well
Very little impact on accelerating and braking -MPG is down about 2 MPG

Like I said, I did 1" spacers to run flush, but also to give some space for top UCA. I did have to take out the crash bar as they just barely touched

I also have a Rough Country leveling struts to make it sit level, just as a FYI
I’m wondering if it fits on the Trailhunter with the extra lift and offset without removing the crash pad. I just love those tires.

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
My guess would be yes. I bought my tires from Discount Tire. They mounted one up front and ensured they would work before mounted the other ones.