Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
What HD Screen Protector did you get?

Toyota Tacoma Screen ProTech Kit × 1
2024 14" Navigation (HD Film)

That’s the description the order email at least!
Sponsored

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Very curious for those doing this as to why. What value do you see in a screen protector on your dash display? Screen protectors for phones were all about the mitigation of the glass surface being impacted by something in your pocket/purse/keys/table surface.

What's hitting/dragging on your infotainment screen other than your finger (bare or gloved)? It's not like your putting your metal key against it or riding rocks around your dashboard. Inquiring minds want to know value/advantage!

OP
OP

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
Very curious for those doing this as to why. What value do you see in a screen protector on your dash display? Screen protectors for phones were all about the mitigation of the glass surface being impacted by something in your pocket/purse/keys/table surface.

What's hitting/dragging on your infotainment screen other than your finger (bare or gloved)? It's not like your putting your metal key against it or riding rocks around your dashboard. Inquiring minds want to know value/advantage!

I have heard from quite a few others that the plastics are quite soft and tend to scratch over time, even just aggressive cleaning. Of course with a touch screen my fingernails, the wife and kids, anything they might touch the screen with. Who knows what those kids will do!

Basically since I plan to have the truck for 10-20 years many owners on the forums recommend protectors due to, what they called, Toyotas soft plastic. Phone screen now are hardened glass, tough stuff, but it doesn’t take much to scratch plastic.

OP
OP

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
Just a Google search on Tacoma touchscreen scratches brings a lot of results. Not all applicable but there are plenty even on the non-touch gauges.

IMG_6403.jpeg

OP
OP

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
I am glad you posted as I didn’t really do a full search on how bad the plastic scratch even from just cleaning. Reddit as well has dozens of threads about it too with others comments the same. Have to be hundreds of comments about taco screen scratching. Of course not everyone will care, but seems inexpensive insurance against those scratches!

Sponsored

JayT1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma sport premium

My subaru WRX screen got a long scratch in it from cleaning that I couldn't get out and it annoyed me to no end.
Additionally, the screen protector that I bought for the Taco has a matte finish that reduces glare reflecting off the screen and minimizes finger print visibility.
Well worth the few bux it cost.

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
My subaru WRX screen got a long scratch in it from cleaning that I couldn't get out and it annoyed me to no end.
Additionally, the screen protector that I bought for the Taco has a matte finish that reduces glare reflecting off the screen and minimizes finger print visibility.
Well worth the few bux it cost.
You make me curious about the glare factor.

Which one did you get that is matte?

Last edited:

JayT1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma sport premium