1 week in, 850 miles so far.

Frog Mack

First Name
Frog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD, 14 FJC
Just finished up my 1st week in the new Tacoma. Been driving, working out of Tacomas for 25+ yrs.

I had two with the 4.0L, one with the 2.7L 4cyl, two 2 with the VVT 3.5L, and now this one with the 2.4 turbo. So far I like the 4 cylinder. It has way more pep in the low end, and with the 8-speed, it just moves when you press the gas; isnt always hunting for the right gear, and grunting until it gets there.

2024 Tacoma 1 week in, 850 miles so far. IMG_8143
Sponsored

nyydynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5
to each their own but do you need to track stocks while you drive? Honest question...

ChrisC

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD ORP
Do you live in it? I mean. I would live in mine no problem. But that’s a serious setup you got there.

Sponsored

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
Just finished up my 1st week in the new Tacoma. Been driving, working out of Tacomas for 25+ yrs.

I had two with the 4.0L, one with the 2.7L 4cyl, two 2 with the VVT 3.5L, and now this one with the 2.4 turbo. So far I like the 4 cylinder. It has way more pep in the low end, and with the 8-speed, it just moves when you press the gas; isnt always hunting for the right gear, and grunting until it gets there.

IMG_8143.jpeg
Welcome to the forum. Very cool you can compare all the previous engines from past experience.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
Worse, it’s crypto :sick:
In 2017 a buddy owed me 5 grand asked if I would take 2 bit coins to help him out I at the time wanted the cash but accepted the bit coins. I love my 2 bit coins! I pretend to spend them on frivolous luxuries on a daily basis. Oh and I am 43 no wife no children that I am aware of and I retired in 2018. With risk comes reward.

OP
OP
Frog Mack

Frog Mack

First Name
Frog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD, 14 FJC
Worse, it’s crypto :sick:
Ha! It’s hilarious how people think.

I took that photo to send to my nephew who is a CPA. Irony and parody is lost on so many folks. Normally I am completing reports for clients, but yes, I access TDA Thinkorswim platform daily, and yes, I even check the price of Bitcoin.

OP
OP
Frog Mack

Frog Mack

First Name
Frog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD, 14 FJC
Do you live in it? I mean. I would live in mine no problem. But that’s a serious setup you got there.
I do practically live in it. 75-80hr work weeks in the growing season, eating 2 meals a day inside the truck. I’ve usually got food and drink for a week at any one time.

OP
OP
Frog Mack

Frog Mack

First Name
Frog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD, 14 FJC
to each their own but do you need to track stocks while you drive? Honest question...
75% of my time is spent off-road (clearly seen in the photo), so the Surface stays lit 95% of the time, mostly business, but sure, I track stocks, commodities, currencies, crypto as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Frog Mack

Frog Mack

First Name
Frog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD, 14 FJC
In 2017 a buddy owed me 5 grand asked if I would take 2 bit coins to help him out I at the time wanted the cash but accepted the bit coins. I love my 2 bit coins! I pretend to spend them on frivolous luxuries on a daily basis. Oh and I am 43 no wife no children that I am aware of and I retired in 2018. With risk comes reward.
Anyone who acts like Bitcoin is an idiotic financial construct; ask them to talk you through the USD, and what foundational principles it is based on, and what gives it value.

As for Bitcoin transactions, ask them to explain how writing a check works, or the precise components of a credit card transaction. People seem to be comfortable with technology that they are familiar with, even when they don't understand it; but much more likely to attack technology that they are both unfamiliar with, and do not understand.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Anyone who acts like Bitcoin is an idiotic financial construct; ask them to talk you through the USD, and what foundational principles it is based on, and what gives it value.

As for Bitcoin transactions, ask them to explain how writing a check works, or the precise components of a credit card transaction. People seem to be comfortable with technology that they are familiar with, even when they don't understand it; but much more likely to attack technology that they are both unfamiliar with, and do not understand.
I was only 17 at the time it was introduced, but I wish I would have bought some. Still wild how it's taken off.

nyydynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5
genuinely curious what you do for a living that you live in your car for 80 hrs a week?
Sponsored