2024 Tacoma hitch lock pin size

Liquidassets

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road
Just an FYI, I have a 2024 Tacoma off road with the stock hitch. The pin diameter is 5/8". It seems like the hitch pin should be 3.5" but my Tacoma hitch requires a 4.0" pin.

First, I tried the standard rhinousa hitch lock which was way too short. I then looked up reviews which that stated the 2022+ tundras were compatible with the larger "2.5 inch rhinousa hitch lock" which in reality has 3.5" of usable length. The 2.5 inches refers to the receiver size. This was a barely too short for the lock to engage and had to be returned.

In the end, I needed a 5/8" diameter by 4.0" effective usable length pin. It is slightly longer than it needs to be, but fits after trying 2 prior.

I bought this cheap one which doesn't include a safety pin. I'd be interested to hear if someone can fit a 3.75 inch hitch lock.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma hitch lock pin size Screenshot_20240303-175042
Sponsored

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR Base
I remember reading this months ago not really thinking much of it because I didn't understand the issue. When I went to use my locking hitch pin for the first time today I realized the problem... Too short šŸ˜‚ now I get why the truck includes one from factory.

Thanks for doing the research for us!

TrashPanda

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR Premium
Hoping Factor55 will make one. Does anyone know why Toyota added an extra box around the hitch. Iā€™ve got a hitch skid to add but I donā€™t want $250 hanging on the hitch unsecured.