Sponsored

4G Tacoma Credit Card style key comes standard or exclusive to some trims / package?

Uzair_usa

First Name
Uzair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd sport
Hey guys! I ordered a trd sport and I was wondering if every Tacoma comes with the credit card style key. Which trims/ packages do?
Sponsored

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road/2007 Nissan Xterra
My base TRD OR did not come with it. Guessing it comes with premium packages.

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
My OR Premium came with the card key. Think it’s the premiums here in Canada that come with them, not sure how the US packages work.

More over I wonder if you can get the card style key as an accessory and get it programmed and set up by the dealer.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I think it requires comfort access. Touch the handle to lock/unlock the truck with the key in proximity.

Sponsored

Sponsored

Dataman

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 1st Gen Toyota Tacoma
I got a blue TRD Sport with the "premium" package. I did indeed get the "credit card" style key. However, I don't use it. I keep it and my spare keyfob in a faraday pouch. I personally don't see the purpose of the credit card style key.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Uzair_usa

First Name
Uzair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd sport
Trying to figure it out if it is something standard or something that comes with certain packages

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
My TRD Sport came with the card which I love. My Sport has cloth seats, the small 8" screen, sliding rear window, the 'touch the handle' to lock/unlock, JBL sound system, heated seats and steering wheel, so I don't think I have the premium package............Just looked at my spec sheet. This is what I have:

2024 Tacoma 4G Tacoma Credit Card style key comes standard or exclusive to some trims / package? Tacoma specs

Last edited:

john877

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
My TRD Sport came with one, It's not one with a Premium Package, but it did come with the TRD Sport Upgrade package
Sponsored