Sponsored

600 miles on my 4th gen and have only found 1 complaint.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
So after owning my 4th gen for 600 miles and 1 1/2 months my only “issue” or complaint would be occasionally when driving slow in a parking lot I get this strange slight vibration or shudder in the truck usually when slowing to a stop. No idea what causes it but it’s happened a few times. Other than that I have no complaints and really do enjoy this 4th gen.
Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
If you can reproduce that reliably, I'd take it in now. Mine doesn't do that

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I think there have been reports that this is one of the early symptoms of the trans failure. Any hard shifting?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I think there have been reports that this is one of the early symptoms of the trans failure. Any hard shifting?
Only first shift in the morning sometimes that’s it

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
Don't worry about that transmission... I'm sure it's fine... I get paranoid anytime I get a weird shift... Anyway... I've noticed the A/C compressor can shake the truck a little and you'll feel that at slow speeds and also the fan kicks on all the time randomly and maybe that can cause some vibration....

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Don't worry about that transmission... I'm sure it's fine... I get paranoid anytime I get a weird shift... Anyway... I've noticed the A/C compressor can shake the truck a little and you'll feel that at slow speeds and also the fan kicks on all the time randomly and maybe that can cause some vibration....
Yeah mine does that too lol not really that annoying though

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@Gfenza89 I think that when you can reproduce that you should take it to the dealer. Having read many owner's reports of early symptoms of Taco transmission failures, this could be one. I do know that some people say that their transmissions work perfectly and I think if they all should, with no clunky shifting at all - like all the Toyota automatics I have ever owned..

Good and keep us in the loop!

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
@Gfenza89 I think that when you can reproduce that you should take it to the dealer. Having read many owner's reports of early symptoms of Taco transmission failures, this could one. I do know that some people say that their transmissions work perfectly and I think if they all should, with no clunky shifting at all - like all the Toyota automatics I have ever owned..

Good and keep us in the loop!
Yeah not sure hopefully not but I wouldn’t be suprised I’ll prob just ride it out until the first service see what happens

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I agree - not worth a trip to the dealer at this point. You just have to hope that you can reproduce it with a tech along, or they probably still won't want to do anything.

So just keep loving your truck and I have seen some people say that their transmissions smoothed out considerably with some miles. Let's hope that is the case for your truck.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I agree - not worth a trip to the dealer at this point. You just have to hope that you can reproduce it with a tech along, or they probably still won't want to do anything.

So just keep loving your truck and I have seen some people say that their transmissions smoothed out considerably with some miles. Let's hope that is the case for your truck.
Exactly that’s what I’m going to do, who knows could just be a break in thing or go away, my trans shifts good so far. If it’s still doing it at 5k miles I’ll mention it to the dealer.

Xencer

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4X4
So after owning my 4th gen for 600 miles and 1 1/2 months my only “issue” or complaint would be occasionally when driving slow in a parking lot I get this strange slight vibration or shudder in the truck usually when slowing to a stop. No idea what causes it but it’s happened a few times. Other than that I have no complaints and really do enjoy this 4th gen.
My truck did that when it was new, i am at 3,000 miles now. I think it was the engine vibration from being in a higher gear going through the parking lot at low speeds. Another 2WD SR5 i drove did it as well. Ever since I put larger tires on I havent had it happen at all. Sometimes in the morning I get a weird shift only right after i leave my driveway and its only once. I think its due to the adaptive shifting strategy, I feel like my truck is fully broken in and it pulls really smooth with good power now. Before it felt like the powerband was kind of lumpy.
Sponsored