Sponsored

AC dripping cold water in drivers side floor?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I just read a Reuters article about toyota having to repeatedly stop production a the Guanajuato - 3TY plant due to parts shortages from suppliers. Maybe they got sloppy and started installing the rejects.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
Guess I'll have to go check my truck, but so far I have not noticed any water inside.

Sure does drip hella water on the passenger side. Probably the vented seats

Krystiv

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Just for reference - I seem to have gotten lucky and purchased a 3TM off of a lot and have had zero issues in 3 months/4000 miles. No promises of not having issues, but nothing so far.
3TY for mine. They started lemon law on mine.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I'm unsure what hella water is, but the ventilated seats won't produce moisture.
The ventilated seats use A/C.

You've never encountered condensation on the passenger side on the ground outside of your truck on a very hot day? Its common.

The thread is about inside the vehicle. I'm referring to outside.

Sponsored

Willberg

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Premium
I'd be curious to know the first 3 VIN digits of the affected trucks to see which plant they're coming out of - kinda have a hunch, but would be interesting to see.
I'd be curious to know the first 3 VIN digits of the affected trucks to see which plant they're coming out of - kinda have a hunch, but would be interesting to see.
Mine is 3TY

Baf3472

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Like most manufacturers, the seats are ventilated, not cooled. They move cabin air and dont use the AC.

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
Just the water from the A/C runoff goes outside on the passenger side... Not sure the seat does that... Probably have the air on while seats are venting...😀

Edit* Are there any 3TM with this problem... Looking back through the thread seems mostly 3TY....

Hope you guys get it fixed quickly... Brand new truck going back to the shop is not cool or fair

Sponsored

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
I was driving around for hundreds of miles when I first got my truck and had ac on and when it got dark I opened windows and kept ac on. I felt a few drips. I discovered the issue here and looked up under there and could see no crack and 800 more miles could not replicate the drip. At my appointment at dealership they seemed to remember an issue on 3rd Gen but I must have been first Tacoma owner to report drips in 4th Gen. After calling Toyota and hearing my experience the technician deemed it condensation and to monitor for another occurrence. If you are getting a new Tacoma get your back on the floor mat and use a flashlight and look up under there and also request a ac drip check before you take possession of truck. hopefully it will help a new owner.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
What factory was your trucks built at that have these cracked hvac boxes? Does vin start with 3ty or 3tm and what was the build month for your trucks? I think this could be useful to know. 2 different factories assemble these truck is it just one factory or both that are having the issue during assembly ? Mines 3/2024 build with the vin starting with 3ty. I run the a/c every day and haven’t had any drips. Another question is this just happening to the premium models with dual zone climate control and automatic climate control? I wonder if that could be a factor? Mine is just the standard base a/c system Manuel version

Last edited:

Tracy

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Looking for suggestions, I took my truck back to the dealership on Tuesday with this same issue, which I bought new about 3 weeks ago, they told me they found a loose hose and reconnected it, the next day I have the same water leak so I decide to remove a panel and look for myself, what they really had done was put sealant on the cracked ac box hoping that would fix it, needless to say I was beyond pissed. I took the truck back with pictures that I took of their repair job along with copies of this thread because I had read this before I even took the truck back the first time, I asked for the service manager but he was to busy to see me, so one of his sidekicks come out to assist me, after showing him the pictures of their shady ass work, I’ve never heard so many apologies in my life so to make a long story short, my truck is at the dealership with no ETA on parts to fix it. Just looking for ideas on how to handle this situation.. Thanks for reading and for any suggestions.

IMG_2715.png

Kaathib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
My VIN starts with 3TY, not sure the manufacture month. It was built in the Mexico plant. It has the dual climate controls. Dealership said it would be a week before the part showed up for repairs.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
My VIN starts with 3TY, not sure the manufacture month. It was built in the Mexico plant. It has the dual climate controls. Dealership said it would be a week before the part showed up for repairs.
Interesting it appears they are all 3ty vins. And the dual zone climate models having the issue?
Sponsored