Sponsored

AC dripping cold water in drivers side floor?

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD
It looks like I have the same issue,noticed water dropping on my foot and I see the truck has the cracked evaporator box too.My truck only has 2300kms on it.
Were the people that had their truck fixed happy with the way it was put back together?
I’m surprised by this a little bit because myself and seems like a lot of the others that had the issue noticed it very early on within the first week or so which kind of made me think it was coming from the factory that way. Unless maybe you were in a climate where you didn’t use the ac much in beginning. Mine was noticed at 400 miles and I think it might had been there since day 1 but it didn’t really drip like excessively and the didn’t notice it until the first day I wore flip flops. I have completely different Tacoma now but the first thing I did on test drive was check for any moisture around the pedal on this one.
Sponsored

Kaathib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Toyota issued a recall on that part. Redesigning it, the part will be available mid September. My dealership stopped selling certain Tacoma models until its fixed.

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota issued a recall on that part. Redesigning it, the part will be available mid September. My dealership stopped selling certain Tacoma models until its fixed.
That’s interesting…i certainly didn’t know that. Would the part vary among models? Seems like they would all be the same but I don’t know much about it. My first truck that failed was built back in March I believe and was a a Sport. This one was built in June and is an OR.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
It would be interesting to know when the new part started going into trucks in production. That would let us know if we might be OK or should be checking this. I know I will be checking my truck for that no matter what.

It would also be good to know if it was just your dealer holding trucks back or has Toyota directed a stop sale until the new evaporators are available.

This is basically a small screw up that is going to cost Toyota a lot of money in the long run.

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would be interesting to know when the new part started going into trucks in production. That would let us know if we might be OK or should be checking this. I know I will be checking my truck for that no matter what.

It would also be good to know if it was just your dealer holding trucks back or has Toyota directed a stop sale until the new evaporators are available.

This is basically a small screw up that is going to cost Toyota a lot of money in the long run.
I don’t think it’s Toyota wide since I just bought my 3rd one on Tuesday and they have been selling plenty of them. If you got a truck on order then I would for sure crank the AC up full blast and check the drivers floor board before finalizing everything if you can but if it’s dry and all good then I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I still believe mine was like that the day I bought it and just never noticed it until the second week. The one I have now was built in June and haven’t seen any leaks or any other issue making me paranoid over the truck. I love it. Time will tell but I will do feel like this one is just a bit more solid and put together than my first one but that could be in my head. I no longer buy into the Japanese built vs Mexico either. Tried out the Landcruiser for about 2 weeks before I had had enough and while it was a nice vehicle and had lots of creature comforts it did not really feel that solid inside. Some of the interior bits were very thin and cheap feeling to me and I had a rattle in door that they couldn’t seem to fix. Who knows maybe just some bad luck but for now the Tacoma I just bought feels and runs fantastic.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
@MarineVet6113 Thanks for that info. Mine was built on 7/27 and hopefully they have their production sorted out now and mine will be built as well as your new truck.

I do think it takes some time in production for a new model to really come together and here's hoping that Tacos are finally there now.

bresna

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Reaching out to you on exactly how you handled this? It looks as if we bought our trucks around the same time. I bought mine at the end of April. My truck is doing the same thing. Mine is also less than 500 miles.

20240526_191152.jpg
I saw some wet spots on my new winter mats this morning (1740 miles). How do I find this box? I looked underneath the dash and it's not obvious where this is.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I saw some wet spots on my new winter mats this morning (1740 miles). How do I find this box? I looked underneath the dash and it's not obvious where this is.
Its under the center of the dash. On your driver's side footwell, look up and to the right under the center - it's right there.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
A recall? I haven’t gotten any alerts for a recall or any official information backing your claims of this.

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A recall? I haven’t gotten any alerts for a recall or any official information backing your claims of this.
Yeah I haven’t seen any info on that either. I can’t imagine Toyota having to pull the dash on 88,000 plus Tacomas. Seems to be quite a few people that have had the issue but I do wonder what the cause was as it was always my belief that it was something happening at the factory and not a part that was just randomly cracking.

Sponsored

Kaathib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
They recalled all the parts, what my dealer told me. So when the old ones that are out there do fail they will have the new one ready. I am waiting on the new part.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
They recalled all the parts, what my dealer told me. So when the old ones that are out there do fail they will have the new one ready. I am waiting on the new part.
Do you have dual zone AC? Are both style AC units affected? My SR was dripping not cracked with non dual zone. I wonder if only the dual zone are cracking?

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have dual zone AC? Are both style AC units affected? My SR was dripping not cracked with non dual zone. I wonder if only the dual zone are cracking?
Mine was not dual zone!