Accessory Power after Engine is Turned Off

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
I think every vehicle I’ve owned kept the accessory power on after shutting off the engine. The accessory power would go off after opening the door to leave the vehicle.

This is not the case in my G4 truck. When you shut the engine down accessory power is lost until you reinitate accessory power with the start button.

Can it be changed to conventional accessory power availability?
Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Every push to start is this way I believe.

You can push the power button (without depressing the brake) to get ACC power though.

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
On a previous Jeep Grand Cherokee I had you could move a fuse under the hood to another position to swap to always on.

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Every push to start is this way I believe.

You can push the power button (without depressing the brake) to get ACC power though.
My wife’s Mercedes is push to start and her Focus RS were both push to start and accessory stayed on as described. No big deal

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Yea there is a setting in multimedia screen if u turn that on truck will remain in accessory mode after engine shut done . Once u open the door then it shuts off completely . I am not sure exact setting but my guess is that if u go i to display setting . There is ACC on option

Reactions: JED

Sponsored

Brody919

First Name
Brody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OF DCLB
If I know I'm going to be sitting after I kill the engine, i just turn it off before putting it in to park. it stays in ACC and then when you put it into park the parking brake still engages and everything and then when I'm ready to get out i can hit the button again to turn everything off like normal.

Reactions: JED

Tacosforall

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Gen Tacoma DCSB
Yea there is a setting in multimedia screen if u turn that on truck will remain in accessory mode after engine shut done . Once u open the door then it shuts off completely . I am not sure exact setting but my guess is that if u go i to display setting . There is ACC on option
What menu is that under? I haven’t found it yet!

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
What menu is that under? I haven’t found it yet!
I was unable to find anything in settings either. I did do a search In settings and ACC Customize did come up but there was nothing found?

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
If I know I'm going to be sitting after I kill the engine, i just turn it off before putting it in to park. it stays in ACC and then when you put it into park the parking brake still engages and everything and then when I'm ready to get out i can hit the button again to turn everything off like normal.
It works however all the power remains on. Not necessarily a bad thing as windows etc remain operational . Thanks for the info. .
Sponsored