Sponsored

Squashed Target

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD OR Prem Solar Octane
Wait. They don't allow you to order a car specified the way you want it?
Correct. Each dealer gets allocations that consist of the trim, color, factory options, and port options. In general, you can only change the port options and that's only if the truck is far enough away from the build date.

Say you wanted a TRD Offroad Premium in Solar Octane. You either have to find a dealer with this allocated or settle for a different color or trim.
Sponsored

DaveS1234

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Correct. Each dealer gets allocations that consist of the trim, color, factory options, and port options. In general, you can only change the port options and that's only if the truck is far enough away from the build date.

Say you wanted a TRD Offroad Premium in Solar Octane. You either have to find a dealer with this allocated or settle for a different color or trim.
Okay, so will the dealer share with you what their allocations are for the next few months? Or do they know this?

Squashed Target

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD OR Prem Solar Octane
They should. The goal is to sell trucks before they even hit the lot.

I ordered (reserved) mine on 4/20. Build happened on 5/13. It arrived to the dealer today.

Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
I found a dealer who had a Limited allocation in Wind Chill. I asked for a color change to Red which was submitted and approved by Toyota. That was last week. Build date is mid-August with estimated delivery date mid to late September.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
My truck was built March 15 at the Guanajuato plant. It arrived at the dealer sometime mid April according to all the build info and info the dealer gave me and sat on the lot until June 28th when I bought it

Iluvmytaco

First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma 2020 highlander 2013 ram 3500
Ordered mine mar 31, allocated mid apr, built may 15 receved at the pac NW dealer jul 8 picked it up that day.

Iluvmytaco

First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma 2020 highlander 2013 ram 3500
BTW went from plant to port sat there, loaded on a ship to another port then trucked to train, and finally trucked to dealer. May 15 to Jul 8 this all took place according to my salesman.

2024 Tacoma Answer: How long does it take from Production to Delivery of a Tacoma IMG_4951

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Mine was built week of June 26th still no estimated delivery date

Sponsored

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
I found a dealer who had a Limited allocation in Wind Chill. I asked for a color change to Red which was submitted and approved by Toyota. That was last week. Build date is mid-August with estimated delivery date mid to late September.
That’s what my dealer said to me..my build date is 8/14 and he said probably mid to late September..Put a deposit on a Trailhunter 7/13

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma sport (underground)
I will address this from the perspective of an East Coast dealer. It can take more than 2 months but it depends on a number of factors. Let's examine the path from each factory.

Tijuana is right on the US border and the trucks we get from that plant are pretty quick. Below, I have a screenshot of the path of a truck that was built on 11/10/23. It was taken via truck to San Diego where it was processed on 11/14. This chart doesn't show it, but this train left San Diego on 11/16. It arrived at Annapolis MD on 12/4/23 and was put on a truck to the dealer on 12/18/23. So that's just over a month from production to delivery. I've seen it as fast as 3 weeks but this one is pretty typical.

The Guanajuato plant is another beast. Those get taken by truck to the port of Veracruz where it is loaded onto a ship. That can mean it sits waiting to be loaded for a couple of days or a couple of weeks, depending on shipping schedules. Below is a schedule that is typical. Built on 11/10/23 and arrives at Veracruz on 11/13. The ship departed on 12/4/23 and arrived in New jersey on 1/3/24. Between unloading and port processing it finally ended up on a truck to the dealer on 1/9/24. I've seen them take much longer than this and occasionally, faster.

The TRD Pro models are the worst. They can sit in a processing lot for weeks while they add the Pro specific equipment after the assembly line.

I hope this demystifies the process of getting trucks from the factory to the dealer.

TJ truck build 1.png

mexico build track 2.png

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma sport (underground)
Steve I ordered my Taco sport January. I live in Pa. End of August will make 7months why so long? My salesman at first said it was a chip issue now he's saying it's the premium package I have....?

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
I was able to sit down with my sales rep. We were discussing the allocation system, he claims that Toyota doesn't ship until there is enough trucks to fill the boat and since they have multiple ports to serve that takes a few weeks to accomplish.

Rick97

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass Trailhawk, Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Hi,
With the delay to have a 2024, will you still order an hybride now? Or wait for the 2025 if you can order it in September
Sponsored