Sponsored

john170950

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SR5
On my SR5. So far I got the seats out and the trim around the front and side edges. The "tub" storage thing is next and looks like it will come out easy with a few pop pins. The tub is supported by a metal frame that also looks like it will come out (bolted to the back wall and floor I think). Not sure I will remove the frame tho as the blocked off space under the rear passenger seat has a big junction assembly of wires, which I do not want to touch. After I see whats under the tub I will likely put it back and make a hinged plywood lid to cover it. I will remove the seat belts parts and maybe see whats behind the back wall cover. I expect the road noise will be louder, will find out tomorrow.

2024 Tacoma Anyone Rear Seat Delete yet? Here's my progress 20240801_202148

Update: Got most of the plastic removed, its very easy to get it to this point. It would also be easy to remove that black frame which would open up a lot of usable vertical space (which is what I need), but that assembly of wires is in the way. I suspect at some point I will take out the frame and make some sort of cover for the wires, but for now I'll just leave the tub in place while I figure out what sort of platform to put in there.
2024 Tacoma Anyone Rear Seat Delete yet? Here's my progress 20240802_193228

2024 Tacoma Anyone Rear Seat Delete yet? Here's my progress 20240802_194000
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

john170950

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SR5
Driving it as pictured above, the road noise does not seem to be much louder than I recall it before. I almost always drove with the rear seats down anyway, which is a bit louder than when they are up.

Taco Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-road
Thanks for sharing. While you were down there, did you notice any OEM exit holes/glands for routing wires from interior to exterior?

grizzlyoutlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TACOMA
One of the big reasons I chose nonhybrid was for increased cab storage. This unit in my truck is preproduction. I would have ordered an extended cab but this is better. There is massive volume under those hatches and I now feel that I dont need a bed cover or drawer system because everything fits inside. The tubs were left in the truck and there is one internal devider if you only wanted to delete one side.
2024 Tacoma Anyone Rear Seat Delete yet? Here's my progress 20240802_123646

2024 Tacoma Anyone Rear Seat Delete yet? Here's my progress 20240802_123322

Sponsored

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
One of the big reasons I chose nonhybrid was for increased cab storage. This unit in my truck is preproduction. I would have ordered an extended cab but this is better. There is massive volume under those hatches and I now feel that I dont need a bed cover or drawer system because everything fits inside. The tubs were left in the truck and there is one internal devider if you only wanted to delete one side.
would love some more info and pics of that rear seat delete, being able to keep the 40/60 split is exactly what im looking for

grizzlyoutlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TACOMA
would love some more info and pics of that rear seat delete, being able to keep the 40/60 split is exactly what im looking for
The company Goose Gear will be releasing these at some point. They still have some cool tricks up their sleeve to try out. When the sun gives me a break I will get some below deck pics.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
The company Goose Gear will be releasing these at some point. They still have some cool tricks up their sleeve to try out. When the sun gives me a break I will get some below deck pics.
Mine just rolled into their shop today so they can start on the hybrid fitting.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Awesome! Are you gonna be around for a few days? Im pretty sure ive seen some of your stuff on FB marketplace.
No I live just an hour and a half away. Its been down at Finishline detailing for PPF this week and they just wrapped up, and took it to Goose Gear across the street for me.

Sponsored

grizzlyoutlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TACOMA
No I live just an hour and a half away. Its been down at Finishline detailing for PPF this week and they just wrapped up, and took it to Goose Gear across the street for me.
Our trucks are going through the same steps. It would be awesome to see how much more space I have under the rear seats but i dont want to know how much better the hybrid is. Im over in the peach and wine country.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Our trucks are going through the same steps. It would be awesome to see how much more space I have under the rear seats but i dont want to know how much better the hybrid is. Im over in the peach and wine country.
Yeah there will be 0 space under my seat delete. I just wanted a spot to lash stuff down and a flat surface for the pup.

OP
OP

john170950

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SR5
Thanks for sharing. While you were down there, did you notice any OEM exit holes/glands for routing wires from interior to exterior?
Yes, see the new photo I posted, there is one on each side, the one on the passenger is where the harness comes out for the that bunch of wires.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
Thanks for sharing. I am thinking of that frame removed and a cover for those wires and a much better spot for my 140lb puppy with a 6800 dollar knee surgery. If I can get that low for him to get in and out that dog could ride.

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
Kind of off topic but if you pull the subwoofer there is a large vent behind it. I simply drilled a hole in the back of the subwoofer enclosure and ran wiring through the vent. Works great and didn't have to modify anything other than a 1/2 inch hole in the back of the subwoofer enclosure.

There is also a vent with a flap back there that I assume is for pressure mitigation when closing the doors. I would not use that since the wiring would push the flap out and leave a permanent gap. The subwoofer vent seemed a better option to me.
Sponsored