Sponsored

Apple Carplay Problems.

Burgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Taco
I’m constantly having problems with my phone connecting to the truck. Every other day I need to “forget” my phone from the truck and then re-pair the both. When the phone wont automatically connect to the truck, even using the cable also will not let me use CarPlay.

Also when I remote start the truck, my phone will not connect to the truck once I get in the car and I will have to “forget” and then pair truck and phone again.

Am I doing something wrong? Are there any settings I need to change in my phone? I’m coming from a 2011 Tacoma with manual windows and locks and I had to use an AUX cord to listen to my phone, so this is all new to me lol.
Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
The usual advice is to make sure everything is updated on your phone. What model do you have? If possible, try connecting with another phone; that will quickly determine whether the issue lies with your phone or not.

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
I've never had an issue with CarPlay using my iPhone 15. Is yours up to date?

I read somewhere that you need to push the volume button to get it to connect to the phone after a remote start. I just don't use that feature.

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
No issues here, my CarPlay has been great at connecting and staying connected with iPhone 12pro. My previous car had bluetooth but no CarPlay, and I always had issues with that.

Hope you get it figured out because the wireless CarPlay is so convenient.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
🤔 I hope I’m ok when I get my truck. My iPhone is a 5 year old XR (10) but I do keep it updated to the latest software.
Can’t afford to update it yet, spent my spare money on Tacoma accessories 😂

Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
My iphone 10 works most of the time.
A couple times i had to press and hold the truck volume button till the ent system reboots.

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
I’m constantly having problems with my phone connecting to the truck. Every other day I need to “forget” my phone from the truck and then re-pair the both. When the phone wont automatically connect to the truck, even using the cable also will not let me use CarPlay.

Also when I remote start the truck, my phone will not connect to the truck once I get in the car and I will have to “forget” and then pair truck and phone again.

Am I doing something wrong? Are there any settings I need to change in my phone? I’m coming from a 2011 Tacoma with manual windows and locks and I had to use an AUX cord to listen to my phone, so this is all new to me lol.
Earlier here or Tacomaworld or both I documented and other agreed there's a problem where you have to go into bluetooth settings and re-enable CarPlay.

My testing was different versions of phones and OS. Same careful methods used in my day job. Most of the time you don't have to delete and re-add devices. You have to go into the vehicle bluetooth settings for your phone and touch the slider button.

JayT1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma sport premium
you shouldn't need to forget and readd your phone. Just pushing and holding the volume knob for a few seconds until the screen reboots works for me when the truck doesn't want to connect to the phone.

Muckle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
The only time my phone doesn't connect is when I remote-start the truck and my phone isn't in Bluetooth range. Once I get into the truck, I go to settings, select my phone, then go to "Use Apple Carplay" or whatever the setting is. Then it connects and I'm good to go.

OP
OP

Burgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Taco
Earlier here or Tacomaworld or both I documented and other agreed there's a problem where you have to go into bluetooth settings and re-enable CarPlay.

My testing was different versions of phones and OS. Same careful methods used in my day job. Most of the time you don't have to delete and re-add devices. You have to go into the vehicle bluetooth settings for your phone and touch the slider button.
mine wont let me do this. The slider will immediately jump back.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Burgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Taco
you shouldn't need to forget and readd your phone. Just pushing and holding the volume knob for a few seconds until the screen reboots works for me when the truck doesn't want to connect to the phone.
I've tried this, also doesn't work for me.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
The only time my phone doesn't connect is when I remote-start the truck and my phone isn't in Bluetooth range. Once I get into the truck, I go to settings, select my phone, then go to "Use Apple Carplay" or whatever the setting is. Then it connects and I'm good to go.
Same with me but I just turn off the truck and turn it back on and it connects as normal.

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR

I have taken a road trip from NorCal to AZ, and over the 1000 miles of driving, the Tacoma software has lost it’s connection twice… then when driving my mother, the vehicle starts asking us to repeat our request.. we made no requests…hopefully the software is updated to address this issue. I find this to be the only issue “so far” aside from the truck freaking out if I backup near something it perceives that I will hit. This is getting old….

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
I have taken a road trip from NorCal to AZ, and over the 1000 miles of driving, the Tacoma software has lost it’s connection twice… then when driving my mother, the vehicle starts asking us to repeat our request.. we made no requests…hopefully the software is updated to address this issue. I find this to be the only issue “so far” aside from the truck freaking out if I backup near something it perceives that I will hit. This is getting old….
That reads no different than a wired or other vehicle CarPlay issue such as your Siri listening. The Android/Apple mobile stuff is something I know well - supporting it by the hundreds in an enterprise through Q1 of this year.

My testing the obvious problem was with 3 different phones, testing same settings with our other vehicle, software version differences as well as hardware version differences. The very common complaint here is in your Toyota firmware (see the screen shot). Use for Apple CarPlay gets turned off.

This problem is aggravated or initiated by multiple devices set up. Earlier today it was fine with my using the vehicle. After my wife drove it and used CarPlay my phone was connected with Bluetooth as this screenshot shows but the slider off.

On a several stops 200 miles in our German car Tuesday same phones did not have this problem. CarPlay however did listen to my wife's phone and not mine from the individual phone's privacy settings - absolutely nothing to do with the car maker's firmware underpinning or enabling the CarPlay or Android Auto use.

0Jz63vn.jpg

Kixon66

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited

Not sure it’s the same thing but I was having real problems with CarPlay. It wouldn’t connect and was really frustrating for me. I finally figured out it was at times when I was using my phone as a hot spot for my iPad. I turned off the hotspot and no longer had problems. I’m not sure exactly why that worked but it did.
Sponsored