ARB Bed Bar…Why the hate?

FlyAngler

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super White Tacoma Sport AT DC SB
I'm frustrated that ARB (if no others) didn't have the foresight to have compatible accessories that leverage the existing bar ready to go. That feels like a huge missed opportunity in my opinion. Here's the reply when I asked ARB about a high over bed rack that uses the existing bar that they helped design (it is modular to some extent).

Brennan Villa (ARB Help)
Oct 2, 2024, 2:48 PM PDT

Hello, at this time we have not released any product for the new Taco for aftermarket sales. We will be offering a bed rack for the new trucks eventually, but I have no idea about compatibility with the OE toyota product yet. Its likely going to be completely independent, but it would make sense for the height to be similar or the same. There is always a chance that forward headache rack might have to come off entirely to fit our bed rack, but we are still about a year off on that so I do not have any information available as it is still under development
Sponsored

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
If Toyota ever makes a trifold compatible with it, I'll put it back on. For now, the security of a tonneau far outweighs the cool factor of the rack. It does take up a lot of space in my garage though...

DeadSetMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota GR86, Rivian R1S, Vanagon Syncro Westy
I actually love the look. But it’s impractical. Not tall enough to mount a light bar. Not big enough to mount anything to. And it’s not compatible with and tonneau cover options, nor topper/campers (obviously).

If I didn’t need/want to cover my bed. I’d keep it for sure.

PS. Anyone wanna buy mine! See listing elsewhere in the forum.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Just noticing that everyone with a TH removes it when they get home and immediately posts it for sale. I realize it’s not totally functional, but I don’t think it’s bad as a cosmetic flourish. I’d pay @300 for one, but not more.

Thoughts? Why did you dump yours?
By valuing it at 3 bones means you essentially hate it too.
Sponsored