Sponsored

Attention all TRD Off-road owners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5, 2004 4Runner SR5, 2001 E55 AMG
I have a question about your OEM wheels, I just got a set of them put on my sr5 and I think I am going to need some wheel locks now. I understand that the new Tacoma uses the same lug specs as the Tundra now but my question is what seating did your stock wheels have? I see many cone seating lugs on Amazon etc, but I believe stock wheels have the flat seats. Can anyone confirm this for me please? Thanks

2024 Tacoma Attention all TRD Off-road owners IMG_8954
Sponsored

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
In my opinion, you're just pissing your money away for wheel locks because thieves will have those wheels off that truck in three minutes flat.
They use a slightly smaller 12 point socket. One whack knocks it on there and then you can remove the wheel lock.
Drove through an apartment complex/year to visit someone and saw Honda Accord sitting on blocks and the poor girl and the police were there. They must've been fast!

Plenty how to on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/results?sea...l+locks+off+of+wheels+when+you've+lost+it+key

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my opinion, you're just pissing your money away for wheel locks because thieves will have those wheels off that truck in three minutes flat.
They use a slightly smaller 12 point socket. One whack knocks it on there and then you can remove the wheel lock.
Drove through an apartment complex/year to visit someone and saw Honda Accord sitting on blocks and the poor girl and the police were there. They must've been fast!

Plenty how to on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=How+to+get+wheel+locks+off+of+wheels+when+you've+lost+it+key
What do you do instead then? Just hope for the best?

Sponsored

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
What do you do instead then? Just hope for the best?
Not too many people are looking to steal your stock wheels. Plus not many vehicles use the same specs as these wheels use. They are pretty specific.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Concur with all of the above. I was a service writer at a tires and service chain and the techs would just use a socket the times that people didn't have their locks.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not too many people are looking to steal your stock wheels. Plus not many vehicles use the same specs as these wheels use. They are pretty specific.
2024 trd off road wheels are plenty nice for the folks that steal where I live, don’t underestimate a criminal

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Yea, I used to be all about those wheel locks when I was a younger man, then I grew old. Now I don't give a rip figuring if someone has enough balls to steal the tires of my Off-Road while it's in the garage, well then they can keep 'em.

That said, I'm not into fancy wheels or all sorts of vehicle upgrades these days and the stock wheels will suit me fine for years to come.

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
First thing I removed when I bought my truck and got it home - those dumb ass locking wheel nuts. Here in Canada the thieves have zero interest in taking my wheels - they’ll take the whole damn truck. On top of that, ever been on the side of the road in the middle of winter with a flat tire when the temperature is -40 and the wind is blowing snow in your face? Last thing I want to be doing is looking for a key to a locking wheel nut to change my flat. There’s nothing more annoying than locking wheel nuts. Only reason vehicles come with them now is because when the vehicle sits on dealer lots as inventory, it’s the one and only place wheels get stolen (often off many vehicles at once). So they put the locking wheel nuts on all the new inventory and charge the customer for the locking wheel nuts and make the customer believe they’ve done them a favour installing locking wheel nuts. I personally loathe locking wheel nuts and have removed them on all my cars.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Its an easy ripoff for port install and dealers. Because they are something that you don't really need or will ever use, they know you won't have complaints, at least until you notice that you really didn't need them at all.

TrustButVerify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I have a question about your OEM wheels, I just got a set of them put on my sr5 and I think I am going to need some wheel locks now. I understand that the new Tacoma uses the same lug specs as the Tundra now but my question is what seating did your stock wheels have? I see many cone seating lugs on Amazon etc, but I believe stock wheels have the flat seats. Can anyone confirm this for me please? Thanks
What is the part number of the wheels you ordered? For the life of me, I can't find the part number for the stock TRD OR 17" wheels on Toyota.

Taconatron

First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
No one is stealing your stock TRD off road wheels.
Sponsored