Sponsored

Bedliner lifted on front of bed behind cab

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I have the same thing going on with my 2024 Taco also. Very annoying. Can you send a pic of how you used the tape for your bed cap? Does it bond well even though the edges of the cap is so thin?
You have to lift the bed cap up and you will see a white styrofoam block. I put the tape between the underside of the rail and that block. Be sure to put weight on it long enough to setup properly.
Sponsored

PUMPKINKING

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off-Road Tacoma Solar Octane
I have the same issue on mine. It's weird that Toyota didn't secure that point and just let it "rest" there.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I have the same thing going on with my 2024 Taco also. Very annoying. Can you send a pic of how you used the tape for your bed cap? Does it bond well even though the edges of the cap is so thin?
Have you tried complaining w Toyota? I am still in the process of this. We shouldn’t have to fix it

parkedtacoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Have you tried complaining w Toyota? I am still in the process of this. We shouldn’t have to fix it
Yeah, I submitted the Toyota online complaint form. We will see what they say. I also use Folsom Lake Toyota for service and was about to ask them about it, but after seeing what you went through with them I probably will get a similar response. Either way, I think I'll raise this issue regardless. I will be getting my first service done with them soon.

parkedtacoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
You have to lift the bed cap up and you will see a white styrofoam block. I put the tape between the underside of the rail and that block. Be sure to put weight on it long enough to setup properly.
Thanks for the tip! I will check for that styrofoam block. During my quick initial inspection on the corner of the bed cap where it's lifting - I didn't notice any styrofoam block. Perhaps, I wasn't lifting it high enough. It's the exact same corners that TacoTacoBurritoBurrito pointed out.