Sponsored

Build Week vs Delivery Date

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Thanks for the reply @Baltimore. I have seen that tracking screen, but never yet for my truck. I have been willing to keep this informal up until things started to go seriously strange with halo production and delivery.

That output is what I want to see, and I want something specific about what is going on. If they can't produce that I am not prepared to wait indefinitely for my new truck, no matter how cool it is.

Check out post #58 in that thread I linked. It was basically Toyota saying that they have no idea when his truck will be delivered, despite what may appear on the tracking screen.
Yeah. I completely get that, and would agree. Mine seemed to take FOREVER to move off the first rail point, then suddenly leapfrogged 3 steps down the chain. Then it went MIA on the rails and they weren't sure what the hold-up was... could have been sitting somewhere waiting for specific add-ons... or stuck in border crossing inspections (since I was by rail). The second MIA was at the final rail yard, and it just happened to be the labor day weekend, so we both took a guess that it was backlog of unloading cargo and getting it scheduled. Each time the MIA resolved in a reasonable tolerance (first one under 2wks, second one under 1wk).

My sales rep texted me photos of the truck this morning (she was off this past weekend) so at least it didn't roll over or get crushed at the last minute like some others.

My only "hrm" now is that apparently all the orders with Softex Boulder (the two tone brown that is only offered on the Limited Hybrid) has been swapped out for "Graphite", and the dealer is saying that when they look across other inventories it appears to be a trend (virtual ticket says Boulder but window sticker says graphite).

For those on east coast by port, I was wondering if the bridge collapse here in Baltimore was part of the delays and unknowns, as Baltimore is the biggest roll-on-roll-off port in the country and it was out of commission for weeks with an unknown reopening time (now since reopened)

I hope it resolves soon
Sponsored

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Yeah. I completely get that, and would agree. Mine seemed to take FOREVER to move off the first rail point, then suddenly leapfrogged 3 steps down the chain. Then it went MIA on the rails and they weren't sure what the hold-up was... could have been sitting somewhere waiting for specific add-ons... or stuck in border crossing inspections (since I was by rail). The second MIA was at the final rail yard, and it just happened to be the labor day weekend, so we both took a guess that it was backlog of unloading cargo and getting it scheduled. Each time the MIA resolved in a reasonable tolerance (first one under 2wks, second one under 1wk).

My sales rep texted me photos of the truck this morning (she was off this past weekend) so at least it didn't roll over or get crushed at the last minute like some others.

My only "hrm" now is that apparently all the orders with Softex Boulder (the two tone brown that is only offered on the Limited Hybrid) has been swapped out for "Graphite", and the dealer is saying that when they look across other inventories it appears to be a trend (virtual ticket says Boulder but window sticker says graphite).

For those on east coast by port, I was wondering if the bridge collapse here in Baltimore was part of the delays and unknowns, as Baltimore is the biggest roll-on-roll-off port in the country and it was out of commission for weeks with an unknown reopening time (now since reopened)

I hope it resolves soon
Mine's coming into Newark which I imagine is where the Baltimore shipments probably got diverted to awhile back.

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
1725916826756-vr.jpg

Deposit Date: 2/21/2024
Initial Build Sheet: 8/22/2024, w/ VIN of 3TYLC5LN4RT34C160
Date of showing up on Toyota's website in "build phase": 9/2 w/ VIN of 3TYLC5LN8RT007995

Based on the above dates, when should I realistically expect to get to the next step, which is I'm guessing port arrival? Do you get notified of port arrival?
As @TacoFreak mentioned, sounds like our TRD PRO’s are likely stuck at the same spot. I do have a VIN # and window sticker. Was originally told delivery would be the last week of August or 1st week of September. However, my TRD PRO hasn’t moved since arriving to the Port on August 11 which means it’s been sitting at a lot in Mexico or America for the last 28 days. According to Toyota’s Brand engagement and the dealership I’m working with, my truck is waiting on “hubcaps” to arrive and be installed… whatever that means. I still don’t have a delivery date. Will provide an update once I hear something new.

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As @TacoFreak mentioned, sounds like our TRD PRO’s are likely stuck at the same spot. I do have a VIN # and window sticker. Was originally told delivery would be the last week of August or 1st week of September. However, my TRD PRO hasn’t moved since arriving to the Port on August 11 which means it’s been sitting at a lot in Mexico or America for the last 28 days. According to Toyota’s Brand engagement and the dealership I’m working with, my truck is waiting on “hubcaps” to arrive and be installed… whatever that means. I still don’t have a delivery date. Will provide an update once I hear something new.
Too bad you can't ask them "what wheels or hubcabs would you need to put on the truck to get it moving my way?"

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
UPDATE: My sticker is finally available on Toyota.com. The date on the sticker is 8/22, and my truck was built on 8/24. If it arrives by the end of the month, then the six-week shipping window would hold true, more or less. At least for non-Halo models.

Sponsored

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too bad you can't ask them "what wheels or hubcabs would you need to put on the truck to get it moving my way?"
Well I now know exactly what I’m going to say whenever I call them back again in 13 days for another update. Unfortunately, they called me while I was at work and didn’t get much time to talk.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@YourOnlineHero My dealer now says that my Pro should be in Central Virginia in a day or two. I will believe that when I see it, but it makes your truck even more of a mystery. Why would they have the "hub caps" and other Pro parts for my truck and not for yours? You might want to bring that up with your Brand Engagement moron.

It could just be my sales rep blowing smoke, since they have never provided me with the detailed tracking info that only they can see.

Good luck and I will keep you informed.

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@YourOnlineHero My dealer now says that my Pro should be in Central Virginia in a day or two. I will believe that when I see it, but it makes your truck even more of a mystery. Why would they have the "hub caps" and other Pro parts for my truck and not for yours? You might want to bring that up with your Brand Engagement moron.

It could just be my sales rep blowing smoke, since they have never provided me with the detailed tracking info that only they can see.

Good luck and I will keep you informed.
Congrats on getting some good news! Hope your truck does arrive so it gives me some faith people are scoring a TRD PRO with this next patch of arrivals.

Sounds like it was the sales rep and brand management who fumbled with the “hub caps” but I did finally get some information about my TRD PRO today from the sales manager. The sales manager reached out over a phone call to inform me that my truck arrived at the port of California on August 11. For some mystery reason, the truck hasn’t moved since. The irony is the dealership is 20 miles from the port where my TRD PRO is sitting. The sales manager informed me she plans on calling the Toyota regional rep for an update tomorrow for some kind of update on my truck, but at this point I’m confused and don’t know what to do about this particular TRD PRO. The sales manager was also unable to give me a timeframe of when the truck would be released from the port here in California. The journey continues…

Last edited:

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Congrats on getting some good news! Hope your truck does arrive so it gives me some faith people are scoring a TRD PRO with this next patch of arrivals.

Sounds like it was the sales rep and brand management who fumbled with the “hub caps” but I did finally get some information about my TRD PRO today from the sales manager. The sales manager reached out over a phone call to inform me that my truck arrived at the port of California on August 11. For some mystery reason, the truck hasn’t moved since. The irony is the dealership is 20 miles from the port where my TRD PRO is sitting. The sales manager informed me she plans on calling the Toyota regional rep for an update tomorrow for some kind of update on my truck, but at this point I’m confused and don’t know what to do about this particular TRD PRO. The sales manager was also unable to give me a timeframe of when the truck would be released from the port here in California. The journey continues…
Maybe it really isn't a problem with your truck after all, just an amazing screw up in Toyota's system.

Surely someone within Toyota has an answer to why your truck is sitting in the port and what has to happen to get it released. Then they need to make that actually happen and get the truck to you.

Someone, somewhere has seriously dropped the ball here. Getting your sales manger and the regional rep involved just might be the key to getting this resolved.

Good luck man. Keep us informed.

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe it really isn't a problem with your truck after all, just an amazing screw up in Toyota's system.

Surely someone within Toyota has an answer to why your truck is sitting in the port and what has to happen to get it released. Then they need to make that actually happen and get the truck to you.

Someone, somewhere has seriously dropped the ball here. Getting your sales manger and the regional rep involved just might be the key to getting this resolved.

Good luck man. Keep us informed.
Maybe Toyota's system. But also quite plausible then that it's "lost" at the port and they are trying to locate it themselves. It's amazing what flows through a large port, and I'm shocked more doesn't get misplaced when you look at the size of operations and all the moving parts.

Calling out that while many parts of the process are within their control, there are parts of the journey from nothing to something to buyer that they don't fully control.

I hope Toyota and the Port resolve it soon and gets your truck to you for a happy be it belated ending. And if it really is hubcaps, I'd be "gimme whatever wheel is on there and a $2k discount and we'll both be happy to put this in the rearview mirror!" (One can wish that they'd bite)

Sponsored

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe Toyota's system. But also quite plausible then that it's "lost" at the port and they are trying to locate it themselves. It's amazing what flows through a large port, and I'm shocked more doesn't get misplaced when you look at the size of operations and all the moving parts.

Calling out that while many parts of the process are within their control, there are parts of the journey from nothing to something to buyer that they don't fully control.

I hope Toyota and the Port resolve it soon and gets your truck to you for a happy be it belated ending. And if it really is hubcaps, I'd be "gimme whatever wheel is on there and a $2k discount and we'll both be happy to put this in the rearview mirror!" (One can wish that they'd bite)
This is the most plausible and sensible answer to the mystery of the whereabouts of my TRD PRO. Best educated guess I’ve heard so far haha. In all seriousness, if the truck is delayed due to “hub caps” I’m legit gonna ask for a discount so I can buy new wheels and tires 🤣. Will update once I hear back from the sales manager. The next person I’ll be speaking to if I don’t get a delivery date from the sales manager will be the Toyota Regional Rep.

ejhenry001

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road
Thanks for the responses and feedback! Very much appreciated - checked Toyota's website today and it's been updated to show an Estimated Availability 9/17 - 10/7....does anyone know what causes that to get updated to now show est avail? Build completion, leaving build location, arrival at port, leaving port etc?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Mine started showing an estimated availability when it was in transport. My truck stopped showing an estimate when it was about 5 days away, which was probably when it got to the port. No idea if that is normally how it works however.

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do actually have good news with an update on my TRD PRO that was stuck at the port in California for 31 days. My PRO was built in July, arrived to the Port August 11, and arrived to the dealership on September 14. Will be taking delivery of my new truck tomorrow afternoon.

For anyone else who is waiting or does not have any information on your truck, I’d suggest reaching out to Toyota Brand Engagement to ask for an update about your truck. My truck sat at the Port for several weeks without any movement on Toyota’s end. Literally, 5 days after I called Toyota Brand Engagement, my truck arrived at the dealership. My TRD PRO was genuinely a mystery for a few weeks, but my PRO is almost home for good.

ejhenry001

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road
UPDATE: Estimated availability got pushed back to 10/03 - 10/23. Looks like possibly another month before reaching that date - which I still don't know what "availability" means yet.
Sponsored