Sponsored

Defects of Tacooma that everyone should look at

Locutus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I'm another victim of the windshield cowl defect as shown below . My local Toyota dealer tried fixing it with a heat gun, and only made it worse. They ordered a new one but it's currently on back order and will take quite a while.
IMG_4547.JPG
IMG_4548.JPG

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
I'm another victim of the windshield cowl defect as shown below . My local Toyota dealer tried fixing it with a heat gun, and only made it worse. They ordered a new one but it's currently on back order and will take quite a while.
IMG_4547.JPG
IMG_4548.JPG
Curious what's happens when water gets in there? Does it just drain away or will it cause problems?

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Curious what's happens when water gets in there? Does it just drain away or will it cause problems?
Purely an aesthetic issue. Water will just drain down into the engine bay/ground

Sponsored

Locutus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Purely an aesthetic issue. Water will just drain down into the engine bay/ground
That sounds like something a used car salesman would say.
It may not be a big deal, but if it was "aesthetic" to let water run into the engine bay then why design the cowl with a rubber seal on it.
Where I live winter driving sends all sorts of salty road crap onto the windshield for days after a snowstorm. I can't believe that's "purely aesthetic". I guess my dealer and others didn't think so. Neither did Toyota as they are replacing the cowl.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
That sounds like something a used car salesman would say.
It may not be a big deal, but if it was "aesthetic" to let water run into the engine bay then why design the cowl with a rubber seal on it.
Where I live winter driving sends all sorts of salty road crap onto the windshield for days after a snowstorm. I can't believe that's "purely aesthetic". I guess my dealer and others didn't think so. Neither did Toyota as they are replacing the cowl.
Your reading comprehension is terrible.

It's a purely aesthetic problem. It wasn't designed that way. It doesn't affect anything but how it looks.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
I agree with @Locutus. Those of us who live in road salt land know that letting that crap run into the car is a problem, and not just one of aesthetics. The fact that Toyota is replacing his shows that they agree IMO.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
I went and looked at mine and it is not raised off of windshield anywhere. Very helpful to be able to check craftsmanship with other owners.

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 double cab
My original cowl was raised and replaced. Second one is even worse! Waiting for my horribly shifting transmission to fail and deal with it then!

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
My original cowl was raised and replaced. Second one is even worse! Waiting for my horribly shifting transmission to fail and deal with it then!
So your dealer won't do anything about the transmission not shifting properly? It has to actually fail before they will do anything?

All of my Toyota vehicles have always shifted perfectly and bad shifts are not normal. That is pathetic.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My windshield cowl was Not raising off windshield but i was in a frost in the mountains and it has now opened up. I had an appointment at dealership and it will be replaced under warranty and the cowl is on back order. I also have the drivers side passenger door lower window seal now lifted up from its happy home and when pushed down it pops up other rear door it’s a tight fit. I will mention it when I go in for cowl replacement as it is not letting any water in. Also I posted a pick of the back of the truck smashed up those parts are all also on back order till end of October. I anticipated the delay and sometimes with the latest and greatest there is some down time.

svaughn76

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
Have any of you noticed when you go through an automatic car wash that the spinning rollers with the terry cloth towels open the fuel door? Everytime I’ve been through one this happens.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a photo of rear door window seal. I was just at dealership Wednesday but I am going to make another appointment to get this looked at in case it’s like the windshield cowl and no time frame on back order of parts.
IMG_0539.jpeg
IMG_0540.jpeg

ChrisC

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD ORP
I've seen other posts about this. Seems that it was an actual defect, but solely an esthetic one.
But it’s not solely esthetic- I get condensation on the outside of windshield exactly where my defect is. This pic was taken midday at 75 degrees. Not too hot not too cold. Happens every day.

IMG_5285.jpeg
Sponsored