tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Hello,

Has anyone installed the DB Switchback on a hybrid / TH? I am worried about the latches near the tailgate requiring a plate that may cover up the outlet or the air compressor. If you’ve got pictures of how it looks on your truck including in the tailgate area please post.

Also any regrets getting this over the SE/HD?

Thanks !!
Sponsored

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Just curious as to why you're considering the switchback?

Just feel like if you're gonna spend all that money, might as well get the SE. Plus you could throw bars on it for even more storage capabilities.

Sorry if this doesn't answer your question, just don't really understand the model concept of the switchback. I guess the cleats make it cool for occasional hauling on top, but I just think the SE with bars make extra cargo functionality a lot easier than strapping something down with cleats. Especially with the Yakima adjustable bars. Could throw a cargo box or even a kayak on there with no issues.

Only saying this as I was heavily considering the SE. I went with a Lomax tri-fold but plan to swap it for an Alu-cab canopy next year. If I wasn't going with a topper, the SE would be at the top of my list.

OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I had a lomax trifold on my last truck. It’s really decent.

The reason for the Switchback is that I like to use the bed from time to time and I get 2/3 access really fast. For loading up deer feeders, hauling stuff to the dump, etc, it’s a lot easier than taking off a panel. Otherwise yeah I will miss the bed rack aspect which is what makes me hesitate.
Sponsored